Part Five

Eleanor had her arm over Eddy's shoulders, showing him around Aurodon prep, the shorter boy admiring the atmosphere.

Eventually Eleanor had to part with him, knowing that Gabriela was waiting in their dorm, allowing Eddy to continue looking around the dormitories common area while she went to grab her.

As soon as Eleanor disappeared from view, Eddy heard someone approaching him.

"You must be Dillamond's little kid, huh?" Edwin questioned, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Oh, yes! My name's Eddy!" He greeted excitedly, reaching out to shake the silver haired boy's hand.

"Edwin," the slightly taller boy said, very gently shaking Eddy's hand as he looked him up and down.

"It's spectacular to meet you!" Eddy exclaimed, excited at the possibility of friendship.

"That's a big word coming from someone like you," Edwin pointed out, making Eddy falter.

Edwin smiled, as this was the effect he wanted.

"I'm sorry, I don't quite understand." Eddy said unsurely, hastily looking over his shoulder for Eleanor.

"Of course you don't," Edwin spat, stepping closer to the confused little goat.

But before Edwin could say anything else, Eleanor appeared behind Eddy, Gabriela close on her heals.

"What do you want?" Eleanor asked Edwin coldly, not bothering to ask about the situation as she was pretty sure of what happened.

Eleanor hadn't crossed paths with Edwin in a while, but noticed a change in his behavior; it was as though he'd stolen the Lion's courage. He stood up much straighter now, and a strange confidence and purpose lingered on his features.

Edwin walked to Eleanor, ignoring Eddy and Gabriela, "You can't intimidate me anymore." Eleanor stared at him with her eyebrows furrowed as he continued, "Your mother ruined my father's life, I'm more than happy to help ruin yours."

"What are you talking about?" Eleanor questioned, slightly startled by his words.

Edwin chuckled, refusing to break eye contact with the taller, green girl.

"Leave her be, you scoundrel!" Eddy exclaimed, his arms crossed as he strode forward towards Eleanor.

Edwin finally broke eye contact with Eleanor, turning towards Eddy, "Haven't I told you Animals should be seen and not heard, you little brat?"

Gabriela gasped as Eddy gapped at him. Eleanor yanked Edwin away from Eddy, pushing him into the wall. Which was quite easy, given his size.

"And munchkin's should keep their insufferable little mouths shut instead of spreading rumors and lies!" Eleanor shot back angrily, staring down at Edwin, who was no longer laughing or smirking.

"Ellie," Gabriela said softly, grabbing her friends arm.

Edwin stumbled to his feet, his new found confidence wavering.

Eleanor ignored Gabriela's slightly warning voice, stepping closer to Edwin, "You can say whatever you want to me, but leave Eddy alone."

Edwin scoffed in an unconvincing attempt to act cool, "You're getting a bit heated about this, maybe you should grab some water to cool off, witch." He spat, staring up at the green girl.

Eleanor faltered, Edwin quickly walking off. Gabriela grabbed Eleanor's arm, pulling her closer.

"Ellie," Gabriela started again with worry, but Eleanor was already focused on Eddy.

"Don't listen to him," the green girl said firmly, grabbing the short boys hands.

Eddy nodded quietly, his lip quivering slightly, "I thought he wanted to be friends," he said shakily.

"Eddy, you'll make friends, good friends who care about you. You're smart, and funny, and caring," Eleanor said sincerely, making Eddy look down, a bit embarrassed, "Just promise me you won't let people like Edwin stop you."

Eddy looked back up at Eleanor, nodding firmly.

"Eddy," Eleanor said, though with a slight bit of worry.

"I promise," Eddy stated, lisp and all, squeezing Eleanor's hands.

The green girl smiled, ignoring her growing feelings of dread(people made "I'm melting" jokes all the time-so why did this time feel so important?). Eddy looked behind Eleanor, his bushy eyebrows furrowing as he stared at a clock on the wall.

"Didn't you have a class after you showed me around?" Eddy asked, gesturing to the time.

Eleanor turned around, deciding to ignore Eddy's noticeably simpler sentence structure.

"Sweet Oz, Ellie, Madam Morrible's class!" Gabriela exclaimed, grabbing the green girl's shoulder and shaking her.

Eleanor was not in the mood to deal with that foul women by any stretch of the imagination but knew she had to attend. She closed her eyes tightly, wondering why they hadn't given the class a name and also why Fairy Godmother didn't just excuse her from all her classes to show Eddy around.

Eddy looked frightened by the name, hugging his sides with his arms.

Eleanor noticed his discomfort, gently grabbing his hand, "We'll drop you off with Jay on our way there; maybe he'll even teach you some sward tricks!"