Part Seventeen

"Eleanor," the green girl heard from behind her, and she spun around to see Fairy Godmother, "may I talk to you in my office?"

"Did I do something wrong?" Eleanor asked, a bit quicker than she normally spoke.

"Oh, no dear, I just needed to discuss something with you." Fairy Godmother gave a genuine smile as she gestured for Eleanor to fallow her.

The walk to her office was silent, and would've been peaceful if it weren't for all of the Auradon students whispering as they passed. Eleanor shot one girl an angry look, making her jump a bit, and the green-girl roll her eyes.

Fairy Godmother opened the door to her office, having Eleanor walk in first. Eleanor only heard the door close gently behind her as she focused on the people in the room. Glinda, who had an apologetic look, Gabriela, standing next to her with the same expression, Ben, who looked well meaning, Mal, who looked exasperated, and the devil. Well, Madam Morrible; same difference.

"What is this?" Eleanor asked, confused and polite but also a bit annoyed.

"Eleanor," Ben greeted formally, "it's come to my attention that you're having a bit of trouble with magic; Gabriela has had this problem for a while, as well. Although, not to your extent-"
Ben stopped himself as Eleanor gave him a slight glare; he cleared his throat, "What I'm trying to say is it would be good to have a class for that; Madam Morrible has volunteered."

Eleanor gave Mal a death glare as the purple haired girl shrugged her shoulders. The green girl looked back at Fairy Godmother, who was trying to look sure of the situation.

Ben looked extremely proud of his decision, by the way.

"Seriously?" Eleanor mused, looking over at Gabriela.

The blonde haired girl nodded apologetically.

Ben continued, talking about how good it would be for her and Gabriela, but Eleanor wasn't really listening, just nodding and wondering why Glinda, Mal, and Gabriela were unable to talk him out of this.

***

"-just be careful." Glinda stated at the end of a long, long lecture about being cautious, "And Gabriela, you should tell her this was your idea before she finds out."

"Mom!" Gabriela yelled, getting a knowing smile from Glinda.

The woman made a magical bubble and was soon out of sight.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time! Plus, I didn't think Madam Morrible would be teaching it." Gabriela explained quickly, "But you know how Ben is, when he gets an idea he's going with it."

"Gabriela," Eleanor said, trying to catch her attention.

"-heck, or Fairy Godmother!"

"Gabriela,"

"-although, of course Dorian had to cut in and explain that Madam Morrible could teach-"

"Gabriela!" Eleanor yelled, finally silencing the stressed blonde, "I'm not mad. Well, not at you."

"Oh, good!" Gabriela exclaimed happily, her fluffy skirt bouncing as she jumped up and down.

Eleanor watched her friend as she got lost in her own thoughts;

At least the "Wonderful Wizard" of Oz isn't our teacher.