Part Eleven

Ben walked slowly down the hall. Eleanor stood by Evie as they watched him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Eleanor asked, turning to Evie.

"We have no choice." Carlos whispered back.

Meanwhile, the VK's parents watched it on tv.

Maleficent sat in the middle of the small couch with The Evil Queen and Cruel at her sides.

Elphaba and Jafar stood behind the couch as they all watched the seen unfold.

"I want that wand!" Maleficent said.

"Really? Hadn't heard." Cruel said sarcastically, making Elphaba laugh.

...No, cackle.

Maleficent glared at her, Elphaba only glared back.

They then saw someone grab the wand.

Maleficent quickly grabbed her scepter and went to the window.

She stopped and turned towards the other four, "Witch!" She yelled, getting Elphaba's attention(mostly because she hates Maleficent calling her that).

"You coming?" Maleficent asked with a nasty look.

Elphaba quickly thought of an excuse.

"No. I think I'll what for the right time. The barrier is down for good now, right?" She said.

"Always one step ahead." Maleficent said, then disappeared into a puff of smoke.

It was true: Elphaba was one step ahead.

She knew showing up with Maleficent was not the play here. She saw how Mal looked at Ben.

That was love.

And she knew that Mal (and Eleanor, of course) were going to change things.

*meanwhile...*

Mal finally got the wand away from Jane. She was now standing with her friends at her side, holding the wand towards Ben.

Gabriela started to run to Eleanor, Dorian grabbing her shoulder.

"Don't you dare." He said firmly, making Gabriela pout.

She then made eye-contact with Eleanor.

"I'm sorry, my sweet." Eleanor mouthed before giving her a sad smile and turned back to her friends; Evie put a hand on her shoulder.

"We don't have a choice, Ben!" Mal yelled,
"Our parents-"

"Your parents made there choice!" Ben said, giving them all a hopeful look,"Now you make yours."

Mal thought for a moment, "I think I wanna be good." She said quietly.

"You are good!" Ben stated.

"How do you know that!?" Mal yelled, still pointing the wand at him.

"Because... because I'm listening to my heart." Ben said, a glint in his eye.

Mal stood there for a moment, looking at the people in the room.

"I want to listen to my heart, too," she turned to her friends, "and my heart is telling me we are not our parents."
"I mean, steeling things doesn't make you happy. Tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy!" Mal said.

Jay laughed a bit.

"And Carlos, scratching Dudes belly makes you happy! Who would've thought,"

Eleanor looked at Carlos happily. He smiled back at her.

"And Evie," Mal said, grabbing onto her hands, "you do not need to play dum to get a guy. You are so smart!"

Evie smiled at her friend.

"And Ella, being with Gabriela makes you happy!" Mal said, making Eleanor tern a darker shade of green. "And taking over the world with evil doesn't make me happy. I wanna go to school," Mal looked at Eleanor who smirked back at her, "and be with Ben."

Mal held up the ring Ben gave her.

"Because Ben makes me really happy." She turned back to her friends, "us being friends makes me really happy, not destroying things. I choose good, you guys."

Mal put out her hand.

Jay put his hand in the circle, than Evie, than Eleanor.

Carlos hesitated.

"So, let me get this straight; we're not gonna worry about how super mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really mad!" Carlos said, laughing with his friends.

"Your parents can't reach you here." Ben said, smiling warmly.

"Okay then. Good." Carlos said, putting out his hand.

Mal looked at Ben, and Eleanor looked at Gabriela.

The two of them walked over.

Gabriela immediately put her hand next to Eleanor's. Everyone looked at Ben. He put his hand in the circle making everyone clap.

Then suddenly, a lightening strike was heard.

"I'm back!!"