Part Twenty

Three Ozian girls strutted down the hallway with purpose, looking for a certain sparkly shoed farm boy.

"Dorian!" The main girl yelled, making the boy turn.

"Hey." He responded tiredly, leaning against his locker.

"Aren't you exited to see us?" The short girl piped up, stepping forward to hug him.

"Yes, I'm very exited to see you, Izzy." Dorian said, a bit less monotone this time.

"Why have you been so mopey lately?" The third girl (Lizzy) asked, making Dorian sigh.

Maize, the self proclaimed leader of the group, tilted her head to wait for his answer.

"It's Gabriela," Dorian stated, knowing the three wouldn't leave him alone until he answered.

"She's been ignoring you too?" Izzy asked, still clinging onto him.

"Well... yeah, you could say that." Dorian said, attempting to loosen Izzy's grip.

"I'm guessing it's because of the school artichoke?" Maize questioned, checking her nails.

Dorian surprised himself when he felt a bit offended by the comment. I mean, Eleanor probably hated his guts, but still; that's his friends friend they're talking about.

"I heard, she has an extra eye!" Izzy mussed, finally letting go of Dorian to make a circle on her four head with her hands.

"I heard, those ugly purple spots all over her are from her getting splashed with pure water." Lizzy added on, directing her comment to Dorian and waiting to see his reaction.

"I think those 'ugly spots' complement her lizard skin." Maize commented, making Izzy and Lizzy snicker.

Dorian only sighed. He hadn't slept well the night before, he kept thinking about what Eleanor said. Sure, it wasn't ground breaking, it just clarified the huge mistake he'd made. What he did was wrong, and he knew it.

"Ooh, Dorian, you must have heard a lot about her, wanna tell us?" Izzy asked, catching Dorian off guard.

"Uh, what?" He asked, snapping back to reality.

"Yeah, Gabriela must tell you about her." Lizzy added, a bit of bitterness crossing her face as she remembered Gabriela roomed with her.

"Oh, no... I don't." Dorian answered slowly, trying to slip away from them.

"Come on, Dorian, you must know something interesting." Maize insisted, crossing her arms.

"Nope!" Dorian half yelled, running off in a seemingly aimless direction.

"What's up with him?" Lizzy asked, a prissy sass laced in her tone.

Maize turned around to look over the balcony, and down at the courtyard. She scanned for a couple seconds before quickly spotting Gabriela and Eleanor; seeing Eleanor first, as she isn't very hard to spot.

"I don't know," Maize said, Lizzy and Izzy leaning over the balcony as well to look in the same direction, "but I plan to find out."

***

"Hey, Eleanor!" Lonnie called, making people turn in confusion.

Including Eleanor and Gabriela; Gabriela looking happy to see her and Eleanor looking at her like she had two heads.

"Can I talk to you?" Lonnie asked, ignoring the strange looks people were giving her.

"About?" Eleanor questioned, raising an eyebrow at her.