Part Four

"Guess who actually slept eight hours last night!" Gabriela said excitedly as she and Eleanor walked up to the other VK's, preparing to head to the Isle.

Evie gasped excitedly, Jay going for a high five(which Eleanor returned half-heartedly and against her better judgment), and Carlos looking silently very pleased.

"Not naturally," Eleanor stated, not quiet happy with the situation as she had had the same awful dream, just multiple times.

"My mom taught me a sleeping drought," Gabriela said proudly.

Mal then walked over, looking a bit annoyed, and announced it was time to leave. Ben had sang a loving song to her, which really upset Audrey, who let Mal know her feelings.
(Author's Note; I did take out them getting engaged.)

"Someone's upset," Jay mumbled to Eleanor, making the girl in question whip around.

"Oh, I'm sorry, it's not like a self-obsessed princess is trying to ruin my relationship!" Mal stated sarcastically, seeming to realize what she said a minute to late.

"Uh-huh, can't imagine what that's like," Eleanor replied, sarcasm and annoyance dripping in her tone.

Gabriela gave a confused look, being waved off by Evie as Eleanor avoided her gaze, glaring at Mal, who somehow looked simultaneously remorseful and angry.

Carlos looked worriedly between everyone, "You know what, we really should be going!" He pointed out, gesturing over his shoulder.

Everyone looked relieved at the change in subject.

Gabriela hugged Eleanor, who hugged back, but suddenly pulled away with a slight flinch and scurried off to Carlos with a hurried goodbye.

Gabriela waved, "Bye!" She called loudly after her, seeing Eleanor momentarily put up her arm in acknowledgment, refusing to look back at her.

"Hey,"

Gabriela jumped, looking away from the back of Eleanor's head, feeling an arm over her shoulder but quickly relaxing when she saw it was Dorian.

"Hey," she responded, her usual smile a bit weary.

Dorian smiled and placed a kiss on Gabriela's rosy cheek.

"Hey, Ella," started Carlos, who had turned back and quickly looked away as to not feel rude, "don't turn around," he told her.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it," Eleanor said quietly, climbing into the limo after Evie.

Carlos risked a look back, his heart almost leaving his chest in fright when Gabriela stared back at him.

***

Eleanor walked nervously into the broom shop, Carlos close to her heals for emotional support, and other reasons. As the two walked through the secret doorway, they saw Dr. Dillamond standing there, fiddling nervously with his hooves.

"He's been like that all day," Elphaba commented quietly, startling her daughter.

"Mom!" Eleanor exclaimed, in a bit of a higher pitch than normal, wrapping her arms around the taller woman.

Elphaba hugged her back, catching sight of Carlo's over her shoulder, "Hello, Carlos," she greeted.

"Hi," the white haired boy said, obviously having something he wanted to talk about, fidgeting with his hands.

Eleanor walked away, going to greet Dr. Dillamond and reassure him that Eddy would be entirely safe in Auradon.

Suddenly, a little curly haired boy galloped into the room, holding a bag in one hand, a dictionary pressed to his chest with the other. Fiyero was close behind him, carrying his second bag.

"Eleanor!" Eddy exclaimed excitedly, and with a small lisp, running over to the green girl and stopping a couple feet in front of her, "Salutations! It's positively lovely to see you again!"

A fun fact about Eddy is he loved learning big words, always keeping a dictionary on hand(or hoof)Incase someone said a word he was unfamiliar with. He once asked Elphaba if she would give him occasional English lessons, which of course, she was more than happy to do.

"It's lovely to see you as well," Eleanor stated, hugging the shorter boy and pushing a peace of his curly hair out of his freckle covered face.

"He's recently been getting into reading," Fiyero stated, readjusting his grip on Eddy's bag with slight difficulty.

Eleanor snorted trying to hold back laughter, turning to call Carlos and Elphaba over, stopping short as she saw that they seemed to be in deep conversation, both looking mildly concerned.

"Are you having a meeting?" Eddy asked, a bit sad he couldn't come up with a better word, starting to flip through his dictionary and pushing his round glasses back up his nose; almost exactly as Eleanor would.

Carlos jumped back, obviously startled out of his thoughts. Eleanor tilted her head, looking between the two.

"Conference!" Eddy exclaimed, making Eleanor jump and almost causing Fiyero to drop his bag, a very large smile on his face, "Did I pronounce that correctly?"

"Perfectly," Elphaba replied, walking over to him and the others with Carlos close behind.

Eleanor gave her mom a suspicious look over her shoulder as she took Eddy's bag from Fiyero's arms.

"Be safe, don't get into trouble, listen to your teachers-" Dr. Dillamond went on breathlessly as he hugged his son tightly.

"I'll be sublime, I promise!" Eddy assured him, almost hanging off his father as he wrapped his arms around him.

"We gotta go, they're probably waiting for us," Carlos said, a bit shakily.

Eleanor raised an eyebrow at him but decided there was no need to give Dr. Dillamond any other reason to worry.

They all said their goodbyes, Eddy with quite large words, and made it safely back to the others, headed back to Auradon.