Part Fifteen

"Gabriela," Eleanor groaned, her voice a bit scratchy.

The girl in question was clinging onto her as they walked down the empty halls. Ever since Eleanor woke up, Gabriela hadn't left her side.

"I told you, I'm not letting go of you! You're not aloud to push me away. We need to bond." The blonde declared loudly, still practically hanging off of her friend like a Jungle-Jim.

"It's not that, you're squeezing me and it hurts." Eleanor explained with pain in her voice.

She went to push Gabriela away with a bandaged arm as her friend got the message and moved back. The blonde took her green friends hand as they walked past a group of girls from Oz.

The group stopped talking as they walked by, all turning in unison. Eleanor immediately expected one of them was going to make an "I'm melting!"  joke and move on. But instead, one of them stepped out of the supposed summoning circle and pulled Gabriela away from Eleanor.

"Look, Gabriela," the girl said, pulling her into the circle, not before she gave Eleanor a disgusted look, "we all love you; but, um-how do I put this?"

"It's her or us." Another girl butted in.

Gabriela gave her a confused look.

"I'm sorry?" Gabriela said with a bit of a laugh, confusion in her voice.

"Come on, Gabriela!" A third girl complained, her voice whiny and high pitched.

Gabriela looked back at Eleanor, who had a confused expression that was slowly becoming annoyed.

"Where is this coming from?" Gabriela laughed nervously, fidgeting with her hands.

As she spoke, a taller boy walked over.

"Gabriela, there you are, I've been meaning to ask you if you'd like to have the honor of going on a date with me." Chad Charming spoke, his annoying voice ringing in Eleanor's ears.

"Chad, now is really not the time!" Gabriela half yelled, putting her hand out and avoiding eye contact.

"Gabriela, us or her?" The first girl said again.

She moved closer to Gabriela as the blonde took a quick, stressed sounding breath.

"Can't you tell that you're making her uncomfortable?" Eleanor asked with annoyance.

She stood close to the girl, standing next to Gabriela.

"Wait, what's going on?" Chad asked, standing next to the Ozian girl(trying to keep his distance from Eleanor as though she had the plague).

"Gabriela won't choose us over her vegetable friend!" The smaller girl whined again.

"Whoa! Back up!" Chad yelled, a bit outraged.

"Why is it so hard to just choose us!" The first girl yelled.

"You all barely talked to me the moment I started talking to her! And suddenly, when I tell you we're going to room together, you stop talking to me all together!" Gabriela yelled, surprising everyone around her.

Gabriela then stormed off, leaving everyone, including Eleanor, standing in silence.

That only lasted a couple seconds.

"This is your fault." The main girl spat with venom.

"Yeah!" The short whiny one added, sticking her tongue out.

"If it weren't for you, she'd still hang out with us." The third girl said.

"I don't have time for this." Eleanor stated, turning on her heals and running after Gabriela.

"Wicked bitch!" The main girl yelled after her.

Eleanor didn't even acknowledge her-although she did hear her-making the girl sigh.

The four stood there for a moment. Chad with the most aggravating facial expression known to man.

Little did anyone know that Madam Morrible was listening. And three girls out for vengeance is a helpful thing when planning someone else's downfall...