Part Twelve

Standing on the docks Eleanor kept her eyes on Gabriela. She had a scared expression as Gil held her in place.

"Cut them loose, Harry." Uma said, gesturing to her first mate.

Harry sighed dramatically as he unsheathed his sword.

"I never get to have any fun." He said, slicing off Ben's ropes. He then walked to Gabriela and Gil.

Gil looked at him blankly. Eleanor looked away from Gabriela to look at his confused little face.

It's impressive he's still alive, she thought.

"Oh!" Gil exclaimed, making Harry roll his eyes.

As soon as Gabriela was able to, she reached out for Eleanor's outstretched hand.

Eleanor quickly pulled Gabriela into a hug, no one making an effort to stop her-though she saw Uma laugh and tilt her head.

The blonde girl gripped onto Eleanor tightly, her face slightly stained with tears; watching Eleanor glare at Uma for a second before looking down(out of embarrassment?), making her wonder what sort of history they had together.

Mal grabbed Ben's hand as Uma grabbed one side of the "wand". Pirates all around them cheered.

The two of them counted down from three, than switched.

Mal pulled Ben towards her and started ushering him away. As she looked around she noticed Eleanor and Gabriela were already out of sight.

Eleanor pulled Gabriela along, holding her hand with force.

"I'm so sorry!" Eleanor said, coming to a halt and turning to Gabriela, "I should've been paying better attention. I shouldn't have let my guard down! I should've-"

Eleanor was cut off by a pain in her cheek.

"Don't blame yourself!" Gabriela yelled, halting her fear for a moment.

Eleanor had a stunned expression on her face: as well as a bit of purple where Gabriela aggressively smacked her.

"I-"

"Sorry to interrupt this bonding moment, but it's not really the time. " Evie piped up, standing behind Eleanor.

She quickly handed her a sword before speeding off.

Eleanor turned back to Gabriela, grabbing her hand and running.

(...Not getting very far)

"Not so fast!" Harry yelled, standing in front of the two of them, his sword pointed at Eleanor.

"Go find Dorian." Eleanor ordered in a flat tone.

"What? I'm not leaving you!" Gabriela yelled back, the fear returning to her voice as she stood behind her.

"You better listen to your green friend, love." Harry said, a bit of mockery in his voice.

"Go." Eleanor said, never taking her eyes off Harry.

Gabriela reluctantly ran off.

Harry swung his sword at Eleanor who barely blocked it.

The pirate laughed, "You never were good with swords. " he said mockingly.

"Shove it." Eleanor spat, swinging her sword at him.

Harry deflected it easily, then swung his weapon at her again; she barely dodged it.

Harry continued to swing his sword at her, almost like he was play-fighting with her. Eleanor tried her best to not get slashed, or pushed into the water.

She may be protected, but that didn't mean she could magically swim.

"Gabby!" Dorian yelled.

Eleanor looked towards the noise. Dorian jumped in front of Gabriela just in time to block Gil's sword.

Harry quickly nocked Eleanor's sword out of her hand.

Eleanor snapped out of her thoughts, seeing Harry's sword pointing at her. Harry wrapped his hook around her arm and pushed her towards the edge of the dock.

And of course there's no railing. Because why bother?

Eleanor tried to keep her footing as Harry pushed her farther towards the edge. She grabbed onto his arm in an attempt to stay stable; Harry laughed sadistically.

In that moment everything seemed to go in slow Motion; Eleanor looking backwards at the water about ten feet below.

"Hey!" Carlos yelled, standing about five feet away.

Harry looked over at him. Eleanor felt him letting her fall a bit farther.

"You come to save your friend?" Harry laughed, pointing to Eleanor with his sword.

Carlos raised his weapon towards Harry.

"Let her go!" He yelled, anger evident in his voice.

Harry laughed with a small smirk, "Bad choice of words, mate." He said, letting go of Eleanor's arm.

Carlos screamed as she fell.

Harry bowed and walked away slowly, Carlos running to the edge of the dock.

"Ella!"

***

"Harry pushed Ella into the water." Evie said, worry dripping in her voice as she slashed at a pirate.

Dorian and Gabriela stood close by. Gabriela looked at Evie with a faint expression.

Jay (who overheard the conversation) ran off to find Harry.

"She can't swim, and neither can Carlos! Or me, or Jay!" Evie said, starting to panic.

Dorian looked down at Carlos, than to Evie, than to Gabriela. And before he could think about what a bad idea it was, he started running towards the water.

What is wrong with me today!?

"Dorian!" Gabriela yelled, starting to run after him.

Evie grabbed her and spun her around.

"We have to get out of here, they'll catch up!" She yelled, obviously just as stressed as Gabriela.

Dorian got to the dock and quickly took of his jacket and shoes.

"I don't see her!" Carlos said worriedly.

"She was probably in shock and passed out!" Dorian yelled back, quickly jumping in.

Carlos watched him with confusion, a how would you know that look on his face.

Dorian swam around for a moment before finding Eleanor. He quickly grabbed her and brought her to the surface, swimming to the side.

Carlos ran down the stairs to get to the lower dock. He looked at Eleanor's unconscious face with worry.

The two boys came to an agreement to just pick her up. Once they reached the top of the stairs Jay was waiting, and he quickly took Eleanor,
carrying her easily.

The three of them ran to the car.

Gabriela almost had a heart attack seeing her friend unconscious and soaking wet. And with slight burns started to form from her wet clothes and a potion wearing off.