Part Ten

"Ella, you okay?" Evie asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Eleanor was a bit startled by Evie suddenly talking in a very quiet moment.

"Oh! Um, yes... I'm fine." Eleanor responded.

Evie put her hands on her hips; she stared at her green friend, as though trying to decide if she believed her.

After a couple silent moments, the limo bulled up. Carlos and Jay stepped out, along with someone else.

Carlos walked towards them.

"We got the wand!" He said triumphantly.

"Yeah, and on a side note; Chad has been sneaking into our room-"

"Wait just a clock tick!" Eleanor said loudly, with a very confused tone.

Everyone looked at her with newly confused expressions.

"What did she just say?" Dorian whispered to Evie.

" 'Wait just a clock tick', pay attention!" She whispered back.

"Why are there three of you?!" Eleanor asked, annoyance filling her voice.

Lonnie stepped forward, the rest of the group now focused on her.

"Lonnie!" Evie exclaimed, going to hug the girl.

"I made them bring me." Lonnie explained.

She made eye contact with Eleanor, who gave her an annoyed glare.

"Hey, uh... 'Eleanor', right?" Lonnie asked, a bit uncomfortably.

"Yes." Eleanor said flatly.

Besides the VK's, Gabriela, and Dorian, she didn't really talk to anyone at school. 

Sometimes Ben would say an awkward "hello". He once tried to start a conversation about "everyone deserving a second chance" and that he was surprised how fond Glinda was of her.

Most everyone at school tried to avoid her. They may have excepted VK's, kinda, but they hadn't (and probably wouldn't ) excepted green skin, or strange Ozian magic.

"Okay, we're kind of on a time crunch here." Carlos pointed out.

Everyone came to a mumbled agreement.

***

(Three years ago)

"You guys promise not to tell anyone?" Eleanor asked, with a bit of a wisp from her braises.

"Pinky promise." Evie said, reaching out her hand.

Eleanor gave her a strange look.

Carlos had a confused expression on his small, freckled face, "So, you're allergic to water?" He asked, trying to get the story straight.

Eleanor nodded slowly.

"But, that thing about 'pure water will melt her' was just a rumor," Carlos said in a confused tone, "right?"

"Wow, look who's been baying attention!" Jay mocked, patting Carlos on the head.

Carlos pushed his hand away and dramatically fixed his hair.

"Well, yes; it was a rumor. I just so happen to be allergic to water." Eleanor explained.

"That's an unfortunate coincidence." Mal commented.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

The thing Eleanor didn't know was both her parents were listening in, and later that night, they decided it was time for her to know it was no coincidence.