Part Nine

They all sat down in the big Victorian chairs as the three struggled to explain what had happened.

Dorian still staying close to Eleanor as Elphaba and Fiyero gave him accusing looks.

"So since we're meeting them on a ship, we wanted to take some sort of safety precaution. For obvious reasons." Evie finished.

Elphaba gave Evie an awkward smile and a nod. Everyone sat in silence for a long moment.

Eleanor looked at Elphaba. She could tell when she was holding in anger; that was the face.

"Alright," Elphaba said, standing up from the large chair, "Ella, Mal, would you please help me gather the ingredients?"

"No problem." Mal said, happily standing up from her chair.

"Of course!" Eleanor said, exited to learn how to make the potion.

She stood up and turned to give Dorian a reassuring look. The two fallowed Elphaba to another room, leaving Dorian and Evie with Fiyero.

"So, 'Dorian', is it?" Fiyero said, crossing one leg over the other in quiet an unnatural way.

Dorian straitened his back nervously, "I, um-y-yes, S-Sir." Dorian stuttered.

Fiyero looked at him skeptically, Evie scooted closer to Dorian; she gave him a reassuring look, as Eleanor had done moments before.

Fiyero gave Evie a genuine smile.

"Evie! How have you been?" He said happily, still giving Dorian a side eye.

*meanwhile...*

"I'm going to strangle that boy!" Elphaba said, seconds after they interred the other room.

She walked over to a bookcase, grabbing a seemingly random book and flipping through it.

"He's really... tolerable when you get to know him." Eleanor said, grabbing her elbow awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah! I can tell, he seems lovely!" Elphaba said in a mocking happy tone.

After that, they all collected the ingredients. Forgetting the circumstance.

"Mal, can you please hand me the fairy dust?" Elphaba asked, standing over a large bubbling cauldron.

Mal looked at the table of ingredients.

"The purple-dusty looking one?" Mal asked, holding a unlabeled vile.

"Yes, that's the one." Eleanor said from across the room.

Elphaba laughed slightly at her daughter.

Mal handed her the small vile.

"Thank you." Elphaba said, pouring the substance into the bubbling liquid.

Eleanor walked back over with a fine pounder in a black wooden bowl.

She held it out to Elphaba, who grabbed a pinch before gesturing for Eleanor to back up.

"Stand back, please." Elphaba said, putting her other arm out towards Mal.

She took one last look to make sure they were both at a safe distance before reciting the spell and throwing in the powder.

A huge puff of smoke came from the cauldron. After the smoke cleared, Elphaba examined the liquid.

The two girls walked back to her slowly. They watched her quickly but some of the potion into a vile.

"And we're done!" Elphaba said, placing the vile in her daughters hands.

"Thank you!" Eleanor said, happily hugging her.

After a moment, Elphaba pulled away and grabbed her daughter's hands. She bent down slightly to be eye level with her.

"I expect a thirty page essay on the subject." She said jokingly.

The three went back out to the others. Mal cleared her throat loudly to get their attention.

"Okay, let's go." Evie said, giving Fiyero and Elphaba hug's.

Mal gave Elphaba a side hug and walked to the door with Evie. Eleanor hugged both her parents and thanked her mom one last time before heading out herself.

Dorian began to fallow her anxiously, happy to finally escape Fiyero's death glare.

"Farm boy!" Elphaba called.

Dorian flinched and saw that Eleanor was out of earshot. He reluctantly turned towards her, Fiyero standing close by.

"Y-yes?" Dorian stuttered, not sure if he was even loud enough for her to hear.

Elphaba walked over to him, soon standing in front of him.

He looked up at her nervously.

Jeez, she's tall, Dorian thought. That moment was the first time he really looked at her, and was surprised by how young she was; she looked to be thirty five, forty at the absolute most, which confused him. He brushed it off quickly, anyone looks old to a little girl.

Elphaba grabbed his hands, making him flinch. She leaned down a small bit to look him in the eye.

"If you ever hurt my daughter's feelings again, I won't hesitate to tern you into a tin-man. Understand?" Elphaba said, staring at him sternly.

"I-I understand." Dorian said quickly.

"Dorian!" Eleanor yelled.

Elphaba let go of his hands and crossed her arms, giving him a fake smile.

Dorian started to leave before turning around back towards Elphaba.

"T-thank you. For the help." Dorian said, he gave a stern awkward nod and speed walked out.

Elphaba watched him leave and then sighed, walked to the open door.

She closed it tight and turned to Fiyero.

"Farm brat."