SIX

Adira could feel the stares on them as they passed people but she didn't care. She was with a man she considered her father and a man she felt truly wanted to love her. Adira squeezed her arms around Ghost's waist before snuggling into his back in content. She felt Ghost's hand on top of hers. He squeezed slightly, "All good, Моя любовь?" (My love)

A smile graced her lips as the endearment slipped his lips, "Everything is fantastic."

She squealed when they pulled up at the clubhouse. Instead of waiting for Ghost to park his bike, Adira jumped off the back of the bike when he slowed down enough. She tossed her helmet aside ignoring her angry Russian who was cursing up a storm in his native tongue.
Giggling, Adira ran toward the club house doors where she knew Eleanor was going to be. The mother she wishes she had growing up.

 As she approached the club house doors a hand curled around her bicep and yanked her back. The force of the pull was enough to pull her into a flashback of when Dax used to hit her. This particular flashback was one of the worst beatings she got from him. Everything around her sounded like it was under water. 

Adira walked into the apartment with an armful of  groceries. That's when she noticed Dax sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. She sighed and mentally rolled her eyes at the argument that about to start. 

She set the groceries on the kitchen counter and began unpacking the food. As she unpacked Adira heard him before she saw him. The disgustingly loud belch he normally lets out when he would chug a beer, "And where the fuck were you?"

Adira rolled her eyes at his idiotic question, "I was getting groceries for your freeloading ass. Hence me walking in with an armful of grocery bags full of food." She never looked away from the groceries so she never saw the slap coming towards her face. Her head whipped to the left as the right side of her face burned like she had been touched by fire. She quickly turned to face Dax, "What the fuck Dax!? Are you insane?"

Her lungs began to burn as Dax gripped her throat tightly, "Watch how the fuck you talk to me you fucking whore. Now where did you get the money for groceries? You don't have a job nor did I give you any money. Did you fuck another guy for cash?"

She pushed against his chest trying to get air into her starving lungs as she answered him, "You gave.. me money.. yesterday."

His grip on her throat got tighter and she was slowly starting to see black dots come into her vision. On the verge of passing out from no oxygen, she quickly brought her knee up connecting with the package that is placed between his legs. Dax let out a loud groan and let her go, "Bitch."

Adira slid down the wall coughing while sucking in as much air as she could get. It didn't last long though. A set of hands picked her up by her biceps, "You're going to pay for that you little bitch." She didn't know how long it had been but she'd been punched, slapped, kicked. She was sure he'd stomped on her ribs. She knows for sure she was thrown into the wall. 

The last thing she remembered was watching his fist come down towards her face and then her vision went black while her body went limp; unconscious. 

It felt like minutes in her own head but it was seconds, when she snapped back to reality her head turned to see who had grabbed her. Low and behold, it was the man that recently claimed her, Ghost. She narrowed her eyes at him, "Отпусти меня прямо сейчас." (Let me go right now.)

His grip got tighter while his eyes showed a storm brewing, "Ты дурак или просто сумасшедший, что вот так прыгаешь с моего велосипеда?" (Are you stupid or just insane jumping off the back of my bike like that.)