ONE

Adira paces back and forth on the sidewalk of Bourbon Street. She had to make rent that her asshole of an ex-boyfriend left her with. Living in New Orleans is not cheap even though the apartment was broken down and hazardous, but she needed the money or she would be homeless. So, she has no choice but to walk into her new job she just got. Gentleman's Bounce. She is now hired as an exotic dancer and she goes by Lola in the lounge. Adira took a deep breath, straightened her back, and walked into her new job.

      She opened the doors, walking through. First thing she smells? Odor. It's disgusting. Adria shook her head and walked towards her boss, Gavin. He was in his late 20's early 30's if she had to guess his age. He was a strange but nice man. His breathe stunk as if he doesn't know the term of personal hygiene mixed with cigarettes. She nodded to Gavin to let him know that she is there. Gavin gave her a nod and pointed to a door. Adira looked over her shoulder spotting the door and gave Gavin a thumbs up.

Adira walked up to the guard standing in front of the door, "Hi Gavin said i needed to go through this door so i can get ready." 

The guard looked at her, "You Lola?" She nodded. The guard looked past her and nodded before looking back at her, "I'm Darrin. Customers know they aren't allowed to touch the girls. Anyone give you trouble holler for me." Darrin stood about 6 foot 2 inches tall with green eyes and loads of muscles. He was quite attractive to the eye, but he wasn't Adira's type of man. For some reason she was attracted to the mysterious, mean looking type of men. 

Adira nodded, "I will. Thank you."

Darrin held the door open, "In you go. Good luck Lola."  Adira smiled and walked through the door mumbling a thanks to Darrin.

Adira see's a table with a mirror and her name written on top. Quickly walking over to the vanity to start her make up. As she works on her eyeliner she notices a girl walking up to her. She looks up at the woman and gave her a smile, "Hello." The woman was very beautiful. She stood about 5 foot 5 inches and had blonde hair and grey eyes.

The woman smiled widely, "Hi! I'm Kitty, It's so nice to meet you!" The woman who introduced herself as Kitty had a lot of energy. Adira laugh at the excitement rolling off Kitty. She reminded Adira of a energizer bunny. 

Adira smiled in amusement at her own thoughts before replying to Kitty, "I'm Lola. Gavin hired me yesterday. It's nice to meet you too!"

Kitty pulls up a chair, "Let me help you because you only have 5 minutes until you're up."

Adira felt her eyes get wide, "Good Lord! Thank you."

Kitty smiled at her, "It's no problem darlin'. What song are you dancing too?"

Adira closed her eyes as Kitty applied the eyeliner, "Focus by H.E.R. Figure I start off slow and sensual. Get used to all of this." Goodness I am so awkward, Adira thought to herself as she made hand motions to their surroundings.

Kitty nodded looking thoughtful, "That's smart. What are you wearing?"

Adira grabbed her bag and dug around until she found the outfit she brought, "I didn't know if Gavin gave us outfits to wear so I brought this leather Halloween costume I had a couple of years ago. It's a two piece."  The outfit was a simple leather halter top that ties around the neck and leather skirt.

Kitty's eyes got wide as I pulled out the outfit, "Oh my gosh! You have to let me barrow this sometime!" She got very excited over a simple outfit.

Adira laughed at Kitty's excitement, "Sure, but tonight I'm wearing this." 

  As they were laughing the back door opened and Gavin's head popped through, "Lola, you're on in 2 minutes. Holy mother of God."

Adira, or as everyone knows her Lola, jumped to her feet with a frown on her face, "What? Does the outfit look bad? It's the only thing I have." Adria's anxiety started to rise but then she saw her boss's head shaking so fast she swore Gavin had whiplash.