FIVE

Adira smiled as the wind hit her face. She loved the free feeling she got riding on the back of Ghost's bike. She held on tight as they all sped up a bit making her giggle, like a small school girl. Feeling a little brave, Adira smirked as she let her hands slip under Ghost's shirt feeling his warm, hard abs. She ducked her head into his neck and giggled as she felt him tense up.

Ghost turned his head slightly, keeping his eyes on the road. He raised his voice so she would be able to hear him over the engine and wind, "What do you think you're doing, моя любовь?" (My love)

Teasingly, she drug her nails along his skin, just above his pants, "My hands are cold. Figured this was the best way to warm them up. Why? Is there a problem?"

Ghost grunted and laid his large heavy hand on top of hers that was under his shirt, and spoke with a low dominant tone, "Not a problem at all, but if you go any lower I will pull this biker over and show you the quickest way to warm up. Stop teasing me while we are on the bike."

Adira shivered and not from the cold wind. She didn't respond, just kissed the side of his neck where she could reach and curled into his back. 

It wasn't too long after they pulled up to her soon to be old apartment.

Adira waited until everyone parked their bikes before she climbed off Ghost's bike. She unclipped the helmet and handed it to Ghost, who hung it up on the handle bar. She grabbed her keys and glanced up at her apartment door. She saw the outline of someone standing in front of her door. Her blood went cold as ice making her body freeze for a second and then burned like she had lava in her veins when she realized who the outline was.

As if Ghost could sense her mood change, he turned to her, "What's wrong?"

The hate in her voice had his eyebrows raise a bit, "That spineless fucker standing in front of my door. That's Dax, my spineless, abusive, shrimp dick of an ex boyfriend." 

It was almost as if a switch went off in Ghost. He wasn't the calm and warm bear of a man that claimed her to be his old lady. This was the Grim Reaper's enforcer that everyone was petrified of. This was a man that wanted blood and everyone knows when Ghost want's something. He gets it. 

Adira wasn't scared of him like most people would be. She simply grabbed his hand to get his attention. His head snapped to hers, letting her see the cold void in his eyes. She smiled at him warmly but wickedly, "Hold it until the perfect moment. This place has too many people that would say anything for a fix and the right amount of paper." The only response she got was a slow chilling smile. 

A smile that she matched. Her father and his brothers shared a look and the same thought ran through all of their minds, they are perfect for each other.

Adira walked up the stairs first. Alpha and Ghost flanking her following by the rest of the guys. She kept her head up and face void of emotion and stared down Dax, "What are you doing here?"

Dax paled a bit when he laid his eyes on his ex girlfriend and the Grim Reaper's MC. He never expected to find his ex mixed with the MC that kicked him to the side like trash. It pissed him off to no end. In his head, she owed him everything. He gave her a home, food, and love. He only hit her when he thought she needed to be taught a lesson. Yes, he hit her often but Adira is hardheaded. So for her to show up with the MC that threw him aside like that was a slap in the face. He rubbed the back of his head, "I was hoping we could talk."

Adira raised her eyebrow, "You wanna  talk or try to bounce my head on the floor like you did that one Christmas night when your homeboy was flirting with me? Either way its not happening."

Dax sneered, "Just talk to me. I'm sorry I left and hurt you like that. We can start over. I miss you."

Adira couldn't help the laugh that tumbled out of her mouth. It went from a few giggles to a full on belly laugh. She grabbed onto Ghost to stay up right as she laughed, "Let's go inside and Ghost can answer this for me. Sound good? Great!"