SEVENTEEN

Adira pulled her car into the parking lot with tears streaming down her face. She put the car in park taking a deep breath to get her pregnant hormonal emotions in check before she walked into the clubhouse and got bombarded with questions. She just had to get past her parents and everything would be fine. 

Before she could even wipe her tears away, her car door was thrown open and she was pulled out and into a hug. She recognized her mother's familiar comforting perfume. El led her daughter to the picnic table sitting her down, "Baby what's wrong? What happened?"

Adira hiccupped a few times before explaining to her mother what just transpired, "Why would he think I would ever cheat on him? I would never! I'm so utterly in love with the fucking psycho!"

El took a deep breath before pulling her daughter into a hug rubbing her back in comfort, "I'm not sure baby. Men are just dense and jump to conclusions. I know for a fact that he is scared of loosing you. I need you to breathe and calm down. All this stress isn't good for your baby."

Adira hiccupped again and pulled out an ultrasound picture, "Babies. I'm having twins. I wanted to tell him this the right way. Not after murdering someone in our brand new home after a fucking stupid ridiculous fight." 

Adira was dressed, ready for her doctor's appointment, and sitting outside near the picnic table waiting for her mother to come outside. She didn't know if Ghost was coming to the appointment or not, but after the fight they had, she wasn't holding her breath. She knew for sure BK was coming with her and El. BK sat next to her handing her a water, "How you feeling?"

Taking the water from him, she shrugged, "Alright. Haven't heard anything from him yet." 

BK nodded his head, "I'm sure he didn't mean anything by what he said yesterday."

Adira took a sip of her water, letting the coolness ease her dry throat. She waited a moment before answering BK, "I don't care if he meant it or not. He should have never insinuated that the twins aren't his. It's fucked up and complete bullshit." She took a breath to calm her heartrate, "Please go wait inside. I want to be by myself right now."

BK nodded and got up walking inside to give her, her space. BK pulled his phone out and typed a message out before pressing send.

Waiting on her mother, she pulled out a parenting book. She was trying to learn everything she needed to know before the twins get here. As she read her book, she heard the familiar sound of Ghost's bike. Adira never looked up from her book that she was reading. Not even when she heard his footsteps growing closer. She couldn't focus on her parenting book, she was lost in thought, I thought he trusted me more than that. Why would he ever question if these babies are his. Does he really not trust me? Adira didn't notice Ghost sitting next to her until he wiped away a lone tear down her face, "Please don't cry, чародейка" (enchantress) 

She smacked his hand away, ignoring the familiar tingles, "What are you doing here?"

Ghost frowned at the pain in his chest when she denied his touch, "What do you mean? You have a appointment today for the babies right? I'm there father-" 

Adira stood up, walking away from him, "I told you when I was first pregnant, if you didn't want to be apart of the babies lives' then just say that. I gave you the out. YOU didn't want it. YOU said that we made these babies out of love AND THEN you go and ask if these babies are even yours. OF COURSE THEY'RE YOURS. You don't have the right to say all those sweet things to me, be so invested with the pregnancy and then question my loyalty to you because you got fucking jealous of a gay man needing advice on how to come out to his parents. The same fucking gay man that is dating the fucking bartender at the club. YOU don't get to come here and act like you didn't do anything wrong." Adira could feel the tears flowing down her face like a river, "You know what Ivan, go fuck yourself. I don't need you to take care of my babies."