FOURTEEN

Adira shook her head, "That noise is our baby's heartbeat. This little blob on the screen is the baby in my belly."

Ghost looked at the ultrasound machine in fascination, "That's our baby?" He looked at Adira then the doctor who both nodded in confirmation. He placed a hand on Adira's belly, "Do you know if the baby is a boy or girl?"

Dr. Lane shook her head, "We won't be able to tell until later on in the pregnancy. Are you hoping for a specific gender?"

Ghost shook his head, "Our kids will be raised the same, whether they are male or female. Either way the baby will be raised like royalty but will have the heart of pure gold like their mother."

Adira's heart felt full as she smiled at him, "They'll be the toughest kid on the block with the amount of uncles this kid will have."

Ghost chuckled and nodding his head in agreement, before turning to the doctor, "Hey doc, do you think we could get a couple of pictures of the screen or is that against the rules?"

Dr. Lane smiled and nodded her head, "I can print a few for you. Just give me one moment." It didn't take long for the pictures to be printed. Ghost gently folded the pictures and put them safely in the inside pocket of his kutte. Dr. Lane stood grabbing Adira's file, "I'll send the prescription for the prenatal vitamins and something for the morning sickness. If the morning sickness gets worse after taking the medication stop taking it immediately and give me a call. Unless you have any problems, we'll see you in six weeks for your next check up. Just make your next appointment with Maddie. She's normally our nurse but she's filling in for our receptionist today." Ghost and Adira both thanked the doctor before she left the room. Ghost grabbed their things while Adira pulled her pants back on.

Ghost had his hand on Adira's lower back directing her to the front desk. He couldn't help his protective nature. She was already taken from him once and now she's pregnant with his child. It made his protective instincts go into overdrive. He glared at any man who stared slightly too long. Slightly too long as in more than a glance.

Adira found it hilarious. She loved his protective side. It just meant he loved her and their baby. He was making sure nothing will happen to us and she was fine with it. She didn't want to put her baby in any danger by fighting someone for a stupid reason.

The couple stepped up to the counter, which made everyone look up. Their were 3 people behind the desk in total. Two walked away mumbling how they had patients. The third girl rolled her eyes at the other two girls. She turned to Ghost and Adira smiling, "Hi, I'm Maddie. Dr. Lane said you needed to schedule an appointment. I looked at the schedule and we have openings on two days, the 29th and the 30th. The 29th has the afternoon open and the 30th has the morning open. Which would you prefer?"

Adira thought about it for a moment, before turning to Ghost, "Morning good with you?" Ghost nodded his head grunting. Adira smiled at him, before turning to Maddie, "The 30th in the morning. Do you have a 10:30 slot open?"

Maddie nodded her head at Adira's question, "Yes ma'am we do. I'll schedule you and we'll see you in six weeks. By the way, congratulations on your pregnancy!"

Adira smiled at the girl, "Thank you! By the way, can you tell me which drug store did Dr. Lane send my prescription too?"

Maddie nodded and looked back at her computer screen for a moment, "The 24 hour drug store on main street."

Adira nodded while grabbing her bag and Ghost's hand, "Thank you. See you in six weeks."

Ghost walked Adira up to the vehicle opening up the passenger door before helping her inside. He gave her a sweet kiss before closing the door and jogging around to the driver side only to see the door cracked a little bit. He pulled the door open to find Adira leaning across the seat. He grunted at her and got in, "Don't do that while your pregnant. Either of you can get hurt."