TWENTY-TWO

For the first time since that dreadful morning, Adira felt like she could actually breath. Seeing her little brother sitting on the hospital bed, actually awake and breathing. Actually alive. She could feel her eyes filling up with tears as he gave her a weak smile and partial wave, "Hey sis."

By now the tears fell from her eyes, tracking down her cheeks, "Really? I've been sitting in the waiting room, almost going into preterm labor from anxiety and stress and all you have to say is 'hey sis'?" She waddled her way over to BK and smacked him upside his head, "DON'T you ever scare me like that again or I swear-"

Adira was cut off by two overprotective men, otherwise known as her father and baby daddy, "Hey now, let's not stress anymore. BK is fine. He's safe."

She spun on her heels facing the two men, "Apparently not safe enough! Some fuckwad over there was sent to kill him. Who fucking sent peewee Herman anyway?"

Ghost shook his head, glancing at the unconscious body, "Not here. I'll tell you everything when we're home."

Adira wanted to argue, but decided against it, "Fine, but I want every detail when we get home. Bub do you need anything?"

BK shook his head as a small smile made its way to his face, "Only thing I want right now is Maddy."

Adira raised her eyebrow, "She isn't here?" At BK's head shake, she turned to look at the other men in the room with an eyebrow raised, "I know for a fact she would have been the first one in this room if she was told. Was she not called?"

Knowing that both men fucked up they refused to look Adira in the eyes as they shake their heads no. Adira rolled her eyes, "Do I have to do everything around here? I'll get her here bub. Take a nap until I can convince the doctor to let you recover at home." She turned to Alpha, "The new prospects are here. Names are Mouse and Switch."

Ghost chuckled at the names, "Why are those their names?"

Adira smiled at the irony, "Both are around the ages of 19-21. Both are fresh out of the army. One was in infantry and the other is special ops. Names came with them. Come meet them. Mouse was in the special ops. His superiors say he's quiet as a mouse. Won't know he's there until you're dead. Switch was infantry. His superiors say that when shit hits the fan his kill switch flips and doesn't turn back until the mission is done."

Alpha nodded and opened the door for her, "Lead the way little siren. I want to know how you were able to speak to their superiors."

Adira smirked at her father, "Their is a reason y'all call me siren dad. Don't question it." Both men chuckled as Ghost tossed his arm around his old lady's shoulder.

Adira turned the corner holding a take away bag of burgers and a cup holder full of drinks, she spots Maddy wrapping her arms around her stomach, as if to protect herself. Adira waddled a little faster, "Maddy, what's wrong? I thought you were visiting BK?"

Maddy's watery eyes met Adira's giving her a small smile, "BK's new guard dog is doing his job. Won't let me in. It's okay, I can come back later."

Adira shook her head, "No, you're going visit your man. Don't give me that shocked look, he's my little brother, I know." Adira turned toward switch, "This is Maddy. Didn't the guys tell you she would be coming by?"

Switched looked at the short pregnant woman in front of him, "No ma'am. Is she someone special? I was just told to not let anyone besides club member and their old ladies inside the room."

Adira sighed and nodded, "Look at her face, burn her face in your brain because the prospect inside laying on the bed is my little brother and saved mine and my babies lives. She is his old lady. Anywhere he is, she will be by him. Understood?"