SIXTEEN

A few months have passed since the announcement. Adira is now 5 months almost 6 months pregnant. She was currently getting ready for her ultrasound appointment. Dr. Lane said they could have found out the baby's gender at their last appointment, but Adira didn't want to find out without Ghost next to her. Ghost was sent on a run during that time and he was sure to let everyone know that he was not happy about it. Needless to say, everyone stayed out his way and Alpha made sure to have a few rats available for Ghost to take his anger out on. Ghost also wasn't happy to find out that Adira went meet up with the bouncer from the strip club she used to work at.

Darrin was close friends with Kitty from the club. He became friends with Adira through Kitty. Darrin, turns out, is also gay. He didn't know how to come out to his parents and wanted to meet up with Adira and ask her for advice. While that talk happened, Darrin confessed he had started a down low relationship with Danny, the gay bartender.

Within the 5 months of leaving the strip club Danny and his boyfriend that he was completely in love with broke up because his boyfriend cheated. Darrin found that out one night when he went on break, which so happen to be the same time as Danny's break. They got to talking and they are going strong. Only problem is Ghost doesn't know that Darrin is gay. Darrin said it was fine if Adira told him. He wasn't actively trying to hide it. Only people he is trying to hide his gayness from is his very religious parents. His very religious parents who already don't like him working as a bouncer for a strip club. Apparently, stripping is a sin.

Adira planned on telling Ghost when he got home. Home. After finding out about the baby, her and Ghost went and found the perfect house and closed on it the next day. They moved in a few days later after packing up most of their belongings. They both decided to keep a few things at the clubhouse just in case they needed to crash there over night.

She planned on telling Ghost about meeting up with Darrin and the conversation she had with him but when he got home he didn't say one word to her. She figured he was still mad about something that happened on the run so she cooked him dinner and waited for him to come out to eat. She figured he would be cooled off by now. She was very wrong.

Adira placed two plated full of food on the table with a sigh. She wanted to know what was wrong with her man. Why was he so mad?

When she turned around she jumped in fright. Ghost was standing in the doorway of the kitchen with his arms crossed, a scowl etched onto his face. She placed one hand on her belly and the other on her heart letting out a breath, "What the fuck Ivan. Make some noise when you enter the room. Scared me enough to send me into premature labor." When he didn't laugh she raised her eyebrow at him, "What's got you so mad?"

Ghost growled and stalked forward. She noticed when he spoke his voice was deeper then normal, "You know what's got me so mad."

She leaned back against the counter crossing her arms, "Well if I knew what was making you so mad I wouldn't have asked. Now are you going to keep beating around the bush or are you going to tell me what's got you so pissed off? I can't help you unless you tell me what happened."

Ghost could feel his anger getting the best of him, "You're mine. You know that. Everyone knows it. Well I thought everyone knew it. I mean you are carrying my spawn in your belly."

Adira's blood pressure was starting to rise, "Obviously I'm carrying your child. Why are saying that? What. Happened."

Ghost slammed his hands down in anger, "If everyone knows you're my woman then tell me why one of my brothers texts me a picture of you hugging on another guy?!" He fished his phone out his pocket. Once he pulled up the picture he slid the phone across the table towards Adira.

Adira picked up the phone to see what guy he was talking about because she was utterly confused. When she saw the picture of her hugging Darrin goodbye she understood and was angry now, "That's Darrin from the club. The fucking bouncer. He needed to talk about some personal stuff and needed advice. I was going to tell you when you got home but you never gave me the chance too! Stomping in here like a fucking bull in a china shop."

Ghost knew she would never step out on him like that but he was so angry seeing her in another man's arms that he lost his cool. He was jealous. He didn't want no other guy touching her, "What the fuck were you doing meeting up with him for? What did he need advice on? Huh? What does he want to be the father to my baby? If that even is my baby."

Adira's jaw went slack. He did not just say that to her. Her eye's filled up with tears and her fist flew around so fast Ghost didn't have time to dodge it. Her fist connected with his jaw with enough force to make him stumble back a few steps. She walked to her purse and grabbed the ultrasound picture from her last appointment. When she looked up she noticed a man with a gun pointed right at Ghost's head.

She quickly snatched the knife sitting next to the plate of food she set down earlier and threw it at the man. The sound of the intruder dropping to the ground like a sack of potatoes had Ghost spinning around to see the kitchen knife now sticking out of the intruder's forehead. When he looked back at Adira she was standing chest to chest with him, eyes full of tears. She slapped the ultrasound picture onto his chest, "Darrin needed advice on how to come out to his religious parents about him being gay and dating the fucking gay bartender from the club. Oh and by the way if you're still wondering about our kid. Doctor said they are fine and healthy. Get rid of the body. I'm staying at the clubhouse tonight." Adira grabbed her car keys and purse walking to the door. Pausing when she got there she turned half way looking back at Ghost, "If you ever insinuate that I've cheated on you again I'll be a single parent and you won't have to worry about the twins and I ever again."