chapter: 2

Author

"Yes, it looks good." Beomgyu replied for the nth time.

Ryujin told him that she'll get ready first since she wasn't ready about this dinner. And she have nothing to wear. As Ryujin she is, she panicked and started rummaging in her closet. She could call Minjeong or Chaeryeong for help but what will she say? She's meeting Beomgyu's parents as his fiancee? No. Will not happen. No one knows about their engagement except their parents.

She did told Beomgyu to wait downstairs but of course, her parents let him go up in her room. But why not let him stay and let him judge her outfits.

This is probably Ryujin's fourth dress and she still can't decide what to wear.

"Are you sure? Doesn't it look too fancy?" Ryujin scrunched her forehead.

"It's not-"

"Let me try this one." She grabbed another dress and ran inside the bathroom to change.

Beomgyu groaned and flopped on her bed. He fished out his phone and started scrolling.

She's gonna take an hour or two to pick a dress.

"How about this one?" Ryujin spoke revealed herself.

It was a plain baby blue halter top dress that hangs down above her knees. Not too detailed, it was simple and it fits Ryujin perfectly.

Beomgyu looked at her from head to toe and raised his eyebrows. It was a rare thing to see Ryujin wearing dresses like this. She is used to wearing pants, shirts, shorts, or maybe skirts. Well maybe also dresses, if there are some occasions but dresses that exposes her skin or arms is not something you'll see  Ryujin is wearing.

Ryujin looked at his reaction and got a clue that it might look bad in her.

"Judging your face, I need to change..." Ryujin slowly turned her back.

"No, wait." Beomgyu came back to his senses. She turned around again to look at him.

"Yes, wear that one. That's the one." Beomgyu spoke.

"You sure? I think I look too exposed." She said hugged her arms.

"Well." Beomgyu pouted. "Wear something that you'll feel comfortable in then. All the dresses you tried on earlier looked good. So just pick something that you'll be comfortable in." He says as Ryujin clicked her tongue.

"I'll be back later." Beomgyu stood up and approached the door.

"Huh? Where are you going?"

"I'm just gonna change and I'll comeback to pick you up." He explained as she nodded.

"See you later then. I'll pick you up at  8." Beomgyu said and opened the door.

"8?! But its 7:30." She widened her eyes.

"Yeah, you still have 30 minutes Ryujin. That's a lot."

"IT'S NOT?!"

Beomgyu went outside of her room and was about to close the door. "And by the way."