chapter: 28

— FLASHBACK —

Beomgyu

I feel bad for lying. I feel bad for lying to Ryujin. But I need to do what I must do to stop everything Eunji is doing before it's all too late.

Eunji has been messaging me non-stop a few weeks back, and I marked her messages as spam when I had enough with her bullshits. For some reason, she did stop messaging me, starting last week, which I should be relieved from. But still, I was a little worried that she might be planning something.

I had mixed emotions when Soobin-hyung and Karina told me everything. Including what happened to them in the past. But, when they told me that Eunji is targeting Ryujin now, I knew I had to take action. She did stop bothering me, but she started messing with Ryujin instead.

It took me a while to finally get the courage to face Eunji. It's not like I am threatened by her. It's just that she annoys me, and I do not want to see her face.

But for Ryujin, I would do everything.

I messaged her earlier, asking if I could meet up with her. She immediately responded with a 'yes'. No questions.

My cousins don't even know what I am about to do. I remember them suggesting that I should talk to my dad about it, but if I can do it myself, then I don't see why not?

Right now, I am driving to the location we agreed to meet up in. I went back to the apartment and took my car so I could go there faster.

I didn't bother to change my uniform since I'm not planning on staying with her for long. Again, her presence makes my blood boil.

I reached the place and parked my car just in front of the restaurant. I don't know what the hell is gonna happen with our talk, but I know well that I feel guilty for not telling Ryujin.

Ryujin is important to me. I don't want her to get hurt, I don't want to lose her. I am doing this because I want to protect her.

If talking with Eunji is the only way to stop this, then I am willing to do so.

I took a deep breath as I entered the restaurant. I scanned the place with my eyes when I spotted her sitting in the distance. Good thing she isn't late.

I walked towards her direction while she looked at me when she felt my presence.

What the hell is she wearing? This isn't some bar where you can hook up with guys.

She has her hair straightened, and it's tucked behind her ear. Wearing a red dress which exposes a lot of her skin and she also paired that with bright red lipstick.

Honestly, she looks pathetic. I am disgusted.

I honestly don't care about how a woman dress as long as they feel confident.

But again, her whole existence irritates me.

"Oh hey~" Eunji greeted with a grin on her face as I just took a seat in front of her, ignoring her words.

She scanned me up and down as I raised her a brow. Eunji then called the waiter as she started to order her meal.

"I'll just have the chicken steak." She pointed at the menu then looked at me. "You?"

I scoffed in annoyance while both her and the waiter were waiting for me patiently to answer.

"I think we'll order a little later." She gave the menu back to the waiter as he nodded and left us.

We sat there in silence for a while as I tried my best not to make eye contact with her.

I just want to get over this.