chapter: 10

Beomgyu

It's already evening. We came back from the mall about an hour ago. After we went to the candle shop, we roamed around a little bit more.

Ryujin said she also wanted to buy a present for my mom's birthday so I came with her at the department store. Then after that, we ate dinner and went home.

Good thing, we never saw those three crackheads again. They'll assume things again especially Jeongin and Hyunjin. Well, Heeseung sometimes join them but not always.

Anyways, I'm currently sitting at the couch scrolling through my phone. I'm not in the mood to watch a movie or series today. So here I am, scrolling through socials and checking my unread Kakao messages.

Minjeong was right. Since that barista from the café shouted my name out loud, as soon as I went home I received a lot of message requests. Not just that, but they're spamming me. Now my Kakao looks like a mess.

But, I'm not interested. So I just closed my phone and put it down. I should rest my eyes for now. Besides, I feel tired already.

I felt the couch sank down and look to my side to see Ryujin seated, eyes glued on her phone.

"You aren't sleeping yet?" I asked while she shook her head.

"Nope. Not yet tired." Ryujin closed her phone. "You don't want me here?" She looked at me.

"I didn't mean it like that." I quickly defended. I really didn't meant it like that gosh Ryujin.

"Okay then. Tell me if you want to sleep so I'll leave." She said and opened her phone again.

"What keeps you busy in that phone anyways." I scooted closer and took a peek at her phone. Just a peek, I don't want to be nosy or anything.

"I'm just watching YouTube videos." She replied. "Nope, nevermind. Everything is boring." She closed her phone and looked at me.

"You're phone is buzzing since earlier. Why don't you check it?" She looked at my phone at the distance while I just shook my head.

"I don't want to. They're noisy."

"Who's noisy? Jeongin?" Ryujin chuckled.

"Uh sure yeah them and more people." I sighed.

We sat in silence for a few minutes while my phone received another notification.

"Please, leave me alone." I cried jokingly and reached for my phone.

"Just answer them so they'll stop bothering you." Ryujin told me.

"If I answer them, they will think I'm interested in them." I told her as she gave me a confused face.

"You remember that time in the café? When the barista shouted my name?" I asked and she nodded.

I gave her my phone. "See for yourself."

Ryujin hesitantly grabbed the phone in my hand and unlocked it. "Um what do I do now?" She looked at me as I clicked Kakao.

"Check the unread messages."

She did what I said and almost bursted out in laughter when she saw the amount of messages I haven't read yet.

"Park Yeonwoo, Kim Mina, Park Saeyeon, Choi Byeolchi,..."

Ryujin started listing their names out as I just rolled my eyes.

"Man Hwi, Yang Haejun, Hak Jisu, Kim Jayeon, Gwan Eun..ji." She stopped after the last name.

"Was that all?" I asked as she showed me my phone.