chapter: 23

Ryujin

I started packing my things since I'll be going back in the apartment today. Beomgyu said he will pick me up at 3 and it's already 2:50 so he'll be here any minute now right?

I plopped on my bed and started scrolling through my phone while waiting for Beomgyu. He said he just went to his parents' house and is now on the way to pick me up. One night in this house felt nostalgic and I would love to stay longer but I don't want Beomgyu to stay in our apartment alone for long.

The doorbell rang and so I stood up and grabbed my bag. Closing the lights of my room before closing the door.

Mom would normally open the door for him but my parents already left for work. So I am left alone in our house. I already said that I'll be leaving in the afternoon so I already told them my goodbyes before they left earlier.

I scrunched my forehead when the doorbell keeps on ringing like someone keeps on pressing the doorbell. Why is he-

"I'm coming! Just a sec." I went down the stairs and fixed my hair in the mirror before approaching the door.

I was getting ready to open the door as I flinched when someone aggressively banged on the door. I slowly retracted my hand from holding the doorknob while my heart was pounding crazily.

I gulped and placed my right ear against the wooden door to hear what is going on outside. Is this Beomgyu? I kept quiet and clutched on my bag.

I doubt it. I gently fished out my phone from my pocket and started texting Beomgyu.

As I was about to send a message, a voice stopped me from doing so.

"Ryu? Open the door, please."

It is Beomgyu. That is clearly his voice. I am sure of it.

Though I was sure about it, I still can't help but to feel nervous. Beomgyu wouldn't bang on the door that loud. That isn't like him...

I slowly reached for the doorknob and unlocked the door. I opened it a little bit to check as I sighed in relief when I saw Beomgyu looking at me. I opened the door widely to let him in.

"Gosh, why were you banging-"

I felt shivers down my spine when I saw Beomgyu's figure completely. My eyes caught a glimpse of a gun crawling into his neck and someone peeking behind him.

Beomgyu looked frozen. He doesn't look like he is scared or nervous. No emotions can be seen in his face. He has his straight face on and is literally standing still while a gun is against his neck ready to shoot him in no time.

I couldn't speak a thing while I'm looking at the situation. I was silent and I just couldn't help but to sob. Beomgyu fight them, please?

The words I wanted to say but again, my mouth can't slip out any words.

Beomgyu gave me a bitter smile before the man behind him pressed the trigger of the gun onto his neck.

I felt my body immediately sat up on my bed. Holding my head as I feel the stream of tears on my face. I hissed as my head was throbbing in pain and my chest hurts so bad.