chapter: 35

Author

3 days before the event ...

The friend group are finally gathered today at the canteen. They finally had the chance to get lunch together after days of having their own worlds due to the upcoming event. Everyone was busy lately so they rarely had time to be with the group like they used to be.

But today, seems like the universe was with the group's side as Minjeong, Jeongin, Chaeryeong, and Heeseung coincidentally met at the canteen during lunch. So now they are all sat in one table chit-chatting and catching up about things.

"I'm so glad that our professors are not giving us extra tasks for this week. It's such a big relief." Minjeong spoke.

"I know right. They continue to teach lessons, but they don't give us homeworks or quizzes, it's so odd." Chaeryeong rested her chin on the palm of her hand.

"Out of everybody here, you should be the happiest that they don't give us extra work." Heeseung retorted as the rest laughed.

"They just better not give loads of tasks after the event is over." Jeongin blurted while slurping on his noodles.

"Oh, shit yeah. I didn't think about that." Minjeong held her head.

"This is why we must take the event seriously. Who knows maybe this will contribute a lot more in our grade than we expected." Heeseung exclaimed while the rest gasped at his statement.

"They better." Jeongin replied. "I literally learned how to do tarot reading for our booth."

"Pfft, for real?" Minjeong looked at the boy beside her. "It's not like you to learn something like that."

"I mean we do need it for the booth." Jeongin shrugged. "And I don't exactly have a choice."

"Aye, is this because of Yiren?" Chaeryeong nudged Jeongin as he choked on his noodles.

"What are you saying?" He looked at the girl as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"You are aware that we do know about your crush on Yiren back then, right?" Heeseung sipped on his drink.

Jeongin groaned. "That was waaay back in grade school. It was more than 5 YEARS AGO. Are you guys sane?"

"As far as we're concerned, you wouldn't bother to learn tarot reading just for a 'booth'." Minjeong said, quote-on-quote. "There better be another reason."

The others nodded at Minjeong's words as Jeongin scanned his friends. "You guys are crazy, I'm out of here-"

"Hey, guys!"

Jeongin was about to stand up but was interrupted when Beomgyu greeted them and approached their table.

"Hey, Beom! Perfect timing, we were just talking about Jeongin's first lovdusgahsh."

Before Chaeryeong could even finish her words, Jeongin muffled her words using his hand. "She was saying nothing." He gave an awkward laugh as Chaeryeong looked at him in disbelief.

"Good thing, you saw the messages from the groupchat despite the chaos." Heeseung told him as Beomgyu chuckled. "Where's Ryu?"

Beomgyu scanned the group as he furrowed his brows. "She isn't here yet?"