chapter: 20

Author

Late afternoon, Karina rushed out from her house and went straight to call a taxi.

After what Ryujin told her last night, she knew that if Ryujin won't do something, then she must do something. She knows she's disregarding her words but she can't just stand there and let Eunji ruin things...again. Sure that its not her life that she's ruining anymore but as someone who experienced everything, and as a cousin, she needs to take action.

Karina thinks that its best to tell Beomgyu but at the same time, she wants to respect Ryujin's decision. So the only thing she can do is to talk with Eunji.

She was a scared girl in the past. She was scared and can't stand for herself from Eunji back then. But, she became a strong woman through the years, and she is ready than ever to face the girl. Eunji is the reason why Karina became an independent woman.

Her eyes darken when she saw that she arrived at the place and paid the driver before going out of the car.

They agreed to meet up at the restaurant where they last talked and Eunji agreed. Karina found it odd that it was too easy for her to agree meeting up. She knew she has tricks on her sleeves.

She entered the place and started roaming around in case Eunji already arrived. And she wasn't mistaken. The girl was sitting by the window with her hair curled while wearing tinted sun glasses looking out the window.

Karina took a deep breath before her heels led her to her table.

Eunji noticed the footsteps going towards her and turned her gaze at the tall girl approaching her with a straight face.

"You're late." Eunji removed her sunglasses and carefully placed in front of her.

"You're just early." Karina spoke as she sat at the chair in front of her.

The tension between them was hella heavy and scary. By looking at them from afar, you can tell they don't like each other as their eyes look like they're shooting lasers.

"Let's not make this long, Gwan Eunji. You know why I'm here." Karina started.

Eunji looked out the window and took a deep breath. "Oh I know, alright. Is this about your cousin's little girlfriend? Did she complain to you? Poor little Ryujin, can't even protect herself."

"She reminds me of you." She added and smiled at her sarcastically.

"Too bad, that I was not same person from 3 years ago." Karina squinted her eyes at her as she scoffed.

"Just stay away from them." She added.

"And why the fuck would I do that? Who are you to order me around huh Yoo?" Eunji raised a brow.

"I don't know what happened to you Eunji. You weren't like this before. You were my fucking friend. Then you betrayed me like that? Now you're targetting others now?" Karina's jaw clenched and stared at her intensely.

"Yeah, my petty friend. You were too quick to fool. No wonder I succeded too fast." She shrugged. "You gave him up in a..." She snapped her fingers, annoying her.

"What the hell do you want from Ryujin?"

"The same thing I wanted from you back then." Eunji tilted her head. "You should know that very well, Karina."

"Well, you won't be succeeding this time."

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I know so." Karina clenched her fist. "I'm telling you Eunji, you won't like what I'll do if you don't stop playing your games with her."