chapter: 19

Ryujin

I don't know what the hell happened. I asked Beomgyu if we can stay out a little bit more but I never told him the reason why. Surprisingly, he bought my words and he agreed. I know I'm suppose to tell him because I promised Karina I would tell him if ever Eunji starts something again but I just really can't.

It wasn't stated that it is Eunji who messaged me but there are no other people that came to mind except her. The last message she sent was the same exact line she told me at the party. This couldn't be a coincidence. I am very much sure this is Gwan Eunji who is messaging me.

"Go in first. It's cold. I need to park the car." Beomgyu patted my back.

We just arrived in front of the apartment. We just walked to school and back home today but Beomgyu forgot to park his car yesterday. So, all day and all night his car was parked in front of the apartment instead of the parking lot that is provided by the apartment.

"I can wait for you." I looked at him as he shook his head.

"Its cold out here. We'll see each other at the apartment. I'll be quick." He replied and unlocked his car.

I gave him a quick nod and walked inside the apartment halls going in our apartment room. This halls has always been this quiet and I'm not mad about it. Its peaceful and I find it a good thing. I walked up the stairs while pulling the card out of my bag.

I can use the elevator but our apartment is just in the second floor and the elevator would take a longer time to open so we always use stairs.

I reached the second floor and walked towards our door but I was stopped when I saw a paper taped on our door.

My eyebrows scrunched and reached for the paper slowly to take a closer look as I almost let go of my bag and my keycard when I saw that it's a photo of my family's house, my parents' house.

I started to breath heavily and looked around the halls with my eyes but I saw nothing and no one. With heavy breathing, I crumpled the paper in my hands and quickly scanned the key card at the scanner, went inside and slammed the door of our apartment.

Massaging my forehead, I went inside the bedroom and threw my things on the bed. I pulled out my phone from the pocket and looked for Karina's number.

If I can't tell Beomgyu, at least I need to tell Karina. I sat on the bed pursing my lips in nervousness with my phone against my ear waiting for her to answer.

After a couple of ringing, I heard her pick up as I sighed in relief and stood up from the bed.

"Ryujin? What's up?"

"K-Karina." I stuttered and tried calming myself.

"Ryu, you okay? What happened?" Worry was heard from her voice.

"I think its Eunji." I spoke.

"What about her?"

"She's back again. Some unknown number messaged me earlier when I was at the park with Beomgyu. And they know that I'm with him and they know we are at the park. I don't want to blame Eunji because I have no proof. But the last message they sent was the same words she told me at the party. I-I think someone is stalking us. A-and when I arrived at our doorstep..." I stopped for a while to catch my breath.