chapter: 11

Author

Time skip to the day where Beomgyu's mom will finally celebrate her 54th birthday.

The family decided to throw the party in their lovely home, in their backyard even though she invited a lot of guests including relatives from both sides of his parents, family friends, his mom's and dad's friends, co. workers, and many more.

They are used to inviting lots of guests during birthday parties since birthdays only comes once in a year and the more the merrier!

Beomgyu and Ryujin arrived at the venue which is the Chois' house. They were informed that they should be there at about 5 in the afternoon so the Choi family will be complete by the time the guests arrive for dinner. Well, early dinner.

Beomgyu helped Ryujin step out the car as she smooth out any wrinkles that's showing on her dress from sitting earlier.

It was just a semi-formal event so they're simply wearing outfits that match the motif of the party.

"Do I really look okay?" Ryujin asked him once again. Since she wore her outifit at the apartment until in the exact venue, she kept on asking Beomgyu if it suits her or not.

"Yes, I told you that dress suits you." Beomgyu reassured her.

Do you remember that one baby blue halter top dress that she tried on the day when she was about to meet Beomgyu's parents but ended up changing into another one? Yes, that very exact dress that Beomgyu finds pretty on her.

Ryujin decided to finally wear this dress since it fits the motif that Beomgyu's mom told them. She paired it with some white sandals and that completed her outfit. But she can't help but to think if the dress really looks good on her or she's just forcing herself to make it look good on her. But luckily, Beomgyu is there to assure and boost her confidence whenever she needs it.

To finish her look, she put light make-up on, straightened her hair and tucked one side on her ear, put a necklace, and wore the engagement ring. We can't forget that.

As for Beomgyu, he wore a plain light gray polo shirt tucked in some beige jeans. He also wore his rings and to complete it, he put on some white sneakers and styled his newly trimmed hair while not exposing any of his forehead.

Ryujin was about to nod before they walk to the door which is widely opened already as she first reached to flatten out any hair that's poking out of Beomgyu's head.

"What made you trim your hair huh?" Ryujin patted his head.

"Why? You don't like it?" Beomgyu asked while she was fixing those annoying baby hairs of his.

"I think it suits you." She replied and brought her hands down. "Now, shall we?" She looked at the huge door as he nodded.

Beomgyu offered his hand to her by placing his palm in front of her. Ryujin looked at him before grabbing his hand for her to hold. They relaxed their holding hands down to their sides and entered the gate to the backyard. Again, its a must as they are meeting the parents again.

Ryujin may not show it but she is hella nervous...again. She always gets invited, together with her parents in any Choi gatherings but it seems more nervewrecking now since she's here with Beomgyuㅡas his fiancee and not with her parents. Of course, the Shin family got invited as well but both her parents need to attend an important meeting the day of the celebration and the Choi family understood that.