chapter: 3

Beomgyu

We all sat at the dining table after that mini exchange of greetings at the living room. I already told my parents before hand that I'm going to introduce them my 'girlfriend', or should I say 'fiancee' and I also told them that it's Ryujin. In case, they get too surprised and it might get into a problem or something. And we don't want that to happen.

My parents welcomed her with a warm hug and complimented her and literally everything.

I glanced at Ryujin beside me and saw that she's just eating and smiling while talking with my parents, that's basically her parents too. Well my parents, they're enjoying her company too. I knew it wouldn't be a problem for them to get along with each other since they knew Ryujin since then. The only different thing here is they know that she's my fiancee.

To be honest, I never knew a time would come that I'd call Ryujin anything more than a frieㅡa bestfriend rather. That idea never crossed my mind ever. But at times like this, Ryujin is the only one I can run to. She's been my bestfriend and I know she'll understand my situation.

We went from being bestfriends to engaged? We did not even had a crush on each other, we did not date or get into a relationship and one day we woke up and tada...we're engaged haha!

Not something we see everyday.

I did asked her again earlier if she's willing to do this act. So if not, then sure. I'll let her go and we'll continue with our normal friendship without this going in between. But, she didn't. She told me it's okay and she's doing this for me, as a bestfriend.

But what if she did?

I've been thinking about this since we entered this house and I can't help but to wonder, what will I do if she backed out?

I'll let my life flow and let my parents force me to marry Eunji? That's probably what I'll do if so...

But again, Ryujin didn't. I knew I could count on her. She's the second girl I trust after my mom.

"You okay, son?" My thoughts got cut off when I heard my dad asked.

I whipped my head in my parents direction and saw them looking at me in confusion.

"Ryujin must be so pretty that you stared that long." Mom teased as I just smiled.

"I was just thinking about something." I replied and looked to my side to find Ryujin looking back at me. "And yes, she's very pretty."

Ryujin shook her head with a smile. "Thank you, Beomgyu."

At the corner my eyes, I see my parents hitting each other's arms playfully.

Me and Ryujin looked at them as they immediately stopped and went serious.

"Anyways. What are your plans?" Dad asked.

Plans?

I glanced at Ryujin and saw her signalling me to talk by giving me a thin smile.

"Um. We don't plan on getting married early since we still have college." I explained and looked at Ryujin.

"I just prepared a very early proposal because I don't plan on letting her go. A ring won't change any fact about our love each other. Maybe we can consider it as a promise ring for now..." I saw her get confused at my explanation.