38· love me or leave me

·:·

.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.

author pov.

fia hugs him for a long time, no intention of letting go.

what made her heart less heavier was the way he hugged her back, the way he had his arms wrapped around her, the way he just let himself loose on her arms.

it radiated something really sad, sadder and heavier than longing. which at that time for her, maybe selfish but was a lot better than him radiating hatred and disgust for her.

as she breaks the hug after quite some time, his moisty eyes were still visible, tears he has been holding back - I'm sorry, for being the reason behind your tears.

"taeyoung-ah.. I'm.. so sorry.. I'm such a bad girlfriend, right?"

fia chuckles with teary eyes as she tries to suck them in.

"you're faultless.. I'm the one who's flawed.. that day.. before talking to you, I fought with manager-nim and I was already in a really bad mood, I-I should've known that time and talk to you after I calmed down.. I'm sorry for accusing you with ridiculous things when you were just looking out for me I only saw my struggles and pain-"

fia panics and hurriedly tries to say as tears continue flowing down.

"shhh shhh"

taeyoung tries to calm her down, he presses his forehead against hers and softly holds her cheeks from the sides.

sobbing, she closes her eyes.

"it was my fault as well.. it was clearly not alright but I kept on pretending it was, I didn't want to make things any more harder for us.. I was.. afraid.. maybe if I confronted the matter rather than twisting it, then maybe we wouldn't have fought. maybe if I wasn't lying, you wouldn't have cried. if I didn't lie and pour oil in the flame, then everything would've been easier. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for pushing you away when I only wanted to bring you closer"

taeyoung sniffs as he closes his eyes.

"I.. my heart has been.. weird ever since that day.. it just, felt so heavy, it ached a lot, I had the urge of making it stop. if I was hurt like that, then you were too.. maybe even worse.. but I've been so selfish and just ignored you when I should've been there for you.. when I was the one who made things like that.. I'm sorry, for hurting you like this, it was hard, wasn't it? I know, I can't make it up for all the pain I gave you even if I say sorry a million times"

fia sadly smiles, feeling taeyoung's tears slide down her cheek.

"you don't need to do anything else just.. just stay by my side"

taeyoung's voice breaks, breaking fia's heart along with it.

"let's just.. stop beating around the bush in hope of hurting each other even a bit less.. cause that ends up hurting even more"