Kapitel 2

Chapter 2

Over the years during growing up Hans got used to the new life in the lower class and got independent as well. Farmer Gustav and Wilma really appreciated Hans' presence which helped them out a lot in their harvesting and plantation, which for them turned into a more exhausting task due to their advanced age and frequently occuring health issues. Hans slowly began to see, that his parents wouldn't be around for much longer, then tried to convince them to reduce their time at the farm and let him do the rest of the work, which they had already reduced for a bit in order to mantain their health. Gustav, who used to go along with Hans in his younger age to the village to sell their vegetables left the farm rarely and let the task out for Hans or agreed with frequents guests to obtain it from the farm in person. A few months after Hans turned 21 he came back with exciting news, which shortly was broken after his arrival at the farm. On his return, he found out that Gustav passed away after midday, when he went to take a nap. Hans was devastated from knowing his adoptive father was now gone, his more decent father figure, the one he never had back at the Southern Isles. Hans avoided leaving the farm again, focusing now on being present for Wilma, which as well was depressed from having lost her best friend and life partner. Hans nearly locked himself out of the outside world due to his duties and including custody of his adoptive mother. His adoptive mother was really fascinated, that despite the two not being from the same blood Hans had grown to love her along with Gustav more, than eventually his own blood. Hans slowly returned into business, soon as they began to notice it wasn't getting easier by the time passing by and that he really had to go out to the village to be present and sell the veggies. Only half a year later, the faith of Wilma had knocked on the door and she passed away as well during the time Hans spent at the farm taking care of the fields and just like the time he witnessed Gustav's decease, he felt into a deep sorrow and he felt like he was all alone in this case. He didn't know how to help himself, neither he tried to ask people for help. Outside the farm, he only knew his costumers from the weekly attendings. He didn't quite build any sort of friendship with any of the customer. At least, he didn't see anyone of it as a friend. Spending half of the childhood inside a castle full of abuse led him to have difficulty into seeing people as friends, or making them. Hans remained there at the farm and shortened his fields for a little to be able to handle it on his own. At the moment he only needed to earn money for his own survival and he still had a few animals for other uses. He got used to life as a loner and didn't plan from now on to change anything about it.

One afternoon after Hans returned from the village he had untie off his horse, then led him along the path to the shrine beside it that had the door open and approached a water tank, then Hans passed his hand on it to see his horse dig his mouth into it to drink. Hans walked vice versa to the corner, which had a couple of hay cubs stapled aside the wall. Hans took down one cube, then spread the hay on the department, under the water tank andd smiled as his horse moved his head to eat. Hans passed his hand on the horse's head, then left him back in the shrine and walked to the side to look at the corner where the family had collected firewood for the upcoming cold nights and Hans pondered about the amount he had on it, then picked up the ax and returned to the shrine to take from it a wooden cartwheel, which he took with him and left his farm to make his way into the forest.

Throughout the forest, Hans walked he admired the place, while whistling around and spotted at a tree a poster hanging, which he approached to take a look at it to see the face of a wanted criminal, but half of the poster down was ripped off and the only thing he could read was the word Rider. Hans shrugged his shoulders, then moved on and stopped near a tree trunk and placed his cartwheel beside it. Hans looked around the forest at the trees, then spotted one tree, which was half cut and he smiled remembering he had started to cut it a couple of weeks ago. Hans put the ax over his shoulder, making his way towards the tree, then adjusted himself into position to prepare for the hit. Hans began to smack with his ax on the tree, until he sliced the upper part of the trunk, then shove it down on the ground and used the ax again to cut it into smaller bits.