Kapitel 19

Chapter 19

Gerda sat in a small dining room along with the woman Una and her younger son Kai having together mashed potato as their dinner.

„Wow how the tables have turned this week. You have talked about that you missed your biological daughter and the next thing you see is her showing up at the door," Kai commented squeezing his mash more than it was, before taking the fork into his mouth.

„This only because Prince Rollan's steed had noticed our conversation and yours, then eventually assumed we had anything in common," Mentioned Gerda.

„I think the horse on the day we met had tried to tell you something, but he somehow was ignored by my eyes. At least this is what it seemed,"

„Now that you talk about that, I really begin to believe Valiente had felt it,"

„The most important part of this is that we've found each other at last," Mentioned Una placing her hand on Gerda's arm making her smile.

„I agree," Mumbled Kai after swallowing the porridge. „About the part, where you both used the magic mirror to see in the past, why didn't you see that scene before and eventually recall the moments, that showed Gerda older?"

„You know Kai, it would be a little hard to go out look for that certain person and just show the mirror. How would she have reacted, her surroundings and what impact it would have in all their lives, mostly up there with the royals,"

„Well about that, I'm just a simple advisor and friend to the queen. I'm no royal princess or anything. I sure have been doing a few things, that are somewhat important according to her, but I have never considered it like that," Gerda foretold and took the third-last scoop of her plate, then Kai observed her and got off his seat to grab the spoon from the pot to take out a bit mashed potato to drop it over Gerda's plate.

„Oh Kai, that wasn't necessary," Commented Gerda neutral at the boy giving her more.

„Come, so we don't have rests to throw away. I'm taking along with mom too," Promised Kai making Gerda nod and take another scoop into her mouth.

„Alright, thank you for your hospitality," Commented Gerda making Una smile.

„You're welcome dear," Answered Una. „I know this all must be now strange for you. I don't want to force you into anything. When you feel ready to come to visit us and have a moment or two to get to know us, you're welcome here,"

„Thank you," Spoke Gerda taking the next scoop. „I sure will pass here more often, when I can,"

Una smiled, then the trio continued with the dinner, and later on, Gerda's time arrived to leave and she stood at the exit together with Una looking at the lightened road leading across the village up to the castle.

„You're okay with going by yourself?" Questioned Una making Gerda nod.

„Don't worry, some of the guards are around the place in case there is something," The blonde mentioned making Una smile, then placed her hand on the daughter's shoulder. „Take good care of yourself,"

„I will," Promised the Danish-born girl and left, walking the road up leaving her biological mom back.

During her walk, she got close to the first crossroad, where a carriage passed by guided by a guard. Gerda listened to the loud clacking of the horse hooves on the ground echoing through the avenue signaling her loneliness of her at that time.

„The candles here really do look like they're shining brighter," Gerda mentioned crossing the crossroad while facing forward to see her way. She began to hear another clacking of hooves on the ground, then listened curiously to where the sound would come from, and turned her head back to see Prince Rollan along with Valiente pass by, making Gerda smile and lift up her hand to wave at the Spaniard. Rollan noticed her, then made the horse stop, so the blonde would approach the duo.