Kapitel 24

Chapter 24

The next day, Hans and Donny sat together on the coast near Hans' farm looking at the ocean.

„This is it. You've got the farm back and the princess is back with her sister. Nothing more," Commented Donny making Hans shrug his shoulders.

„I've got her friendship," Stated Hans. „Of course after what happened between us yesterday it's difficult to accept the fact, that we're both not meant to me,"

„You sure didn't expect, that both of you would become friends or even better friends,"

„You mean best friends"

„The one before best friends,"

„Good friends?"

„I think so," Responded Donny. „You two got along with another so well. You had a couple of things in common, you understood the similar issues in life you had with another,"

„I really enjoyed having somebody, that understood me. After all these years of loneliness,"Confessed Hans watching Donny lie his head down on Hans' leg to show his joy by wagging his tail. Hans patted the dog behind his back, then looked around the sand, then wondered about seeing nothing else on it. „Weird how there's not even a single stick lying on the sand. Sometimes they are a lot lying here because of the rain,"

„Why do you need a stick?" Asked Donny.

„I thought if you were interested we could play fetch," Offered Hans making Donny pant.

„Cool," Commented Donny getting up, then looked around to see the same as the human. „Wow, there really is nothing here,"

„Yeah we'd need to look for something else," Commented Hans, then Donny smelled Hans on his boot catching his attention, which took out one after the other and watched Donny shove his snout into the boot. „I don't think that smells that good," Commented Hans watching Donny throw it aside, warping his snout bothered by the scent that was stronger for his nose. Hans chuckled, then Donny had an idea and grabbed the boot, then ran towards the water and looked back at the human.

„Where are you going?" Asked Hans watching the husky wag his tail.

„I have a game for us," Mumbled Donny. „Come on!"

Hans smiled, then got up on his feet to race behind the husky and Donny sprinted very fast along the coast surprising Hans at the velocity of the young puppy.

„Boy, where did you get all that energy?" Questioned Hans following the dog, trying to keep up with the newly-adopted pet. Hans laughed as Donny looked back at the man while running afterward Donny stopped to look at the human, which fell down on his knees and grabbed the boot, making Donny growl playfully. „Hey be careful, those are my only boots I have," Warned Hans, then Donny let the boot go watching Hans fall down on his butt.

„That was fun," Commented Donny making Hans smile, which had an idea and got up, then showed Donny his boot.

„Hey, what about we play fetch with the boot?" Asked the Danish man making Donny move his body excited and Hans threw his boot across the air watching Donny race behind the boot to catch it. Afterward Donny trotted back at the human, then dropped it in front of Hans making him clap.

„Great boy!" Complimented Hans patting him on the head, afterward Donny licked Hans above his face, making Hans warp his face again as Donny done it. „Slow down, your tongue is so sticky,"

„Will we continue playing?" Questioned Donny sitting beside the man, which smiled and threw the boot further, so the canine would run behind it making Hans smile.