Kapitel 18

Chapter 18

Prince Rollan stood inside the horsebox mounting the horse saddle on his stallion, then led him out of there and tickled him under his chin, making him whine.

„We're going on a walk again, what do you say?" Asked Rollan watching Valiente shake his head, then they heard a female voice whistle and the Spaniard turned around to see Gerda come along with a small bag towards the duo.

„Good morning," Greeted the young girl seeing Rollan lift his hand to wave at the friend.

„Good morning, Gerda," Greeted the raven-haired prince. „Are you ready to go?"

„Yes, I am," Responded Gerda, then Rollan got up on the horse and looked down at Gerda, which placed her hands on the saddle and climbed up from the side. „I'm almost there," Gerda mentioned, then positioned herself behind the prince and glimpsed above his shoulder.

„Have you a suggestion on where we should go first?" Asked the prince rolling his eyes back at the girl, which shrugged her shoulders.

„I don't know. You're the one on the lead," Stated Gerda making Rollan nod.

„I will just go on. Follow Valiente's own instinct,"

„That will do it," Spoke Gerda, then held herself on the back of the saddle as Valiente began to trott along the ground to the exit, where they crossed the bridge.

„Did you sleep well?" Questioned Rollan making Gerda nod.

„Yes. What about you?"

„I did most of the time. I'm not very used to the mattress from here,"

„Well, I understand that. Are the ones you have softer?"

„They're sort of the medium. You lie on it, sink a little into it. You basically got the best of both worlds,"

„Good," Commented Gerda glimpsing above the bridge at the water as the horse crossed the road with them on the back.

„How long have you been working here at the castle?" Questioned the Spanish prince turning his head aside to the girl.

„I think three years," Responded Gerda. „I was 15 when I got here and princess Anna had shortly left. Never had the chance to get to know her enough, but I know her through Elsa's eyes. A curious, energetic person and friendly person,"

„So you and Princess Anna basically have never interacted before?"

„No. Also during the lifetime, I was at the orphanage I've seen her twice a week, her parents passed away. This was on the time I wasn't working there thought,"

„How did you get the luck to work here at the castle?" Questioned Rollan. „Was it because you resembled the princess?"

„There was a show at the school and each orphanage had the kids and teens living there sing to win a price to help sustain their orphanage and gain donations. Queen Elsa was present as well at the VIP places and I think Gerda was there as well. I had noticed both at my group's turn talk with each other half of the song and I had the odd feeling, they had been looking at me the entire time," Explained the blonde earning a nod from the prince. „They went to look for me at the said evening and asked me questions, wondered about what I had been planning for the future and they offered me to come to the castle to do simple jobs and support Elsa. Elsa and I became friends over the weeks, I've got to try other things at the castle to help her and the others out and here I am now,"

„And you're going to continue to be here?" Questioned the raven-haired making Gerda shrug her shoulders.

„Have you got a suggestion, what else I could do?"