Kapitel 21

Chapter 21

Prince Rollan stood in the box of his horse hanging up the leash of his horse, after he had unsaddled the stallion, thereafter he embraced the horse by the nose.

„Today you deserve a longer break. Eventually tomorrow I'll pass by for the food, is it okay, amigo?" Asked Rollan, then got nudged by the stallion and Rollan got out of the box heading to the main entrance of the castle, where he encountered Prince Hugo standing there talking with Kai, the counselor.

„Ah you're here too, Prince Rollan," Commented Kai making Rollan nod. „Our cook has made a cake for the guests, are you coming up as well to try it out?"

„Sure I will come," Responded Rollan, then Kai moved the door back to let the princes enter into the castle and followed them straight into the dining room, where one servant had set up on the table the cake with a few small plates piled up and cutlery beside it.

„Serve yourself," Spoke Kai making the two men nod and march towards the table, then Rollan let Hugo be the first one to cut down a piece of the light-yellow cake.

„Have you heard anything about the queen?" Questioned the Belgian prince making Rollan shake his head.

„No and you?"

„Nada," Responded the Spaniard moving after the blonde to cut for himself a piece of cake and sat down on the next free chair near the prince.

„I don't think any of us is going to get anywhere far with her. At least until she's got this with her sister solved," Theorized Hugo making Rollan shrug his shoulders.

„Perhaps you're right. It is understandable though. She's the only one from her family, who's alive. Then there's this wizard that cursed her sister and that confusion of her wandering off with a farmer to.....I don't remember where,"

„Somewhere in Sweden, I know only,"

„Exactly," Added Hugo taking a bigger bite off the cake, making Rollan grin at his expression, then the door got opened back and Rollan looked along with the second prince at the door to see Elsa's friend Gerda enter into the hall.

„Good afternoon," Greeted Gerda passing behind the boys, placing her hand on the back of the chair. „How does the cake taste?"

„I like it," Commented Hugo, then glanced at Rollan who nodded and gave Gerda a gentle smile.

„Were you two out on a ride?" Questioned Gerda cutting for herself a slice and pushed a chair out for her to sit on. „I haven't seen anyone of you today,"

„I was around the village," Commented Hugo.

„I went out of the village," Added Rollan. „I returned to the mountain we were up on together because the field out there seemed really infinite and I just wanted to avoid getting us lost,"

„I've seen on the map, if that's the place I'm thinking about it just leads you across the land to the ocean. There's nothing on that side," Commented Hugo making Gerda nod.

„He's right," Commented Gerda. „On the south side beside the castle, there is another village far away from us, which belongs to another kingdom. Otherwise, we don't have any neighboring places on land, just off away over the sea,"

„Yes," Responded Rollan watching Gerda take a bite of her cake, then noticed her having a crumble on the side of her lip making him chuckle. „How was your day?"

„Mine?" Asked Hugo, then Rollan moved his eyes at Gerda that took another bite and noticed Rollan look at her, then she understood he meant her.

„Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you meant Hugo," Avowed the blonde. „I spent the rest of the afternoon helping Gerda make a plan for the possible return of Princess Anna,"