Chapter 8

Third person's POV

It has been a week since Alexandra started living with her biological family.

During that week, she has gotten closer to her brothers, especially Evan. That boy can never keep his mouth shut and would annoy Alexandra all day.

Not that she minded, she liked his company.

After all, it was the first time she was surrounded by people who didn't throw insults at her whenever they got the chance.

The whole week that Alexandra has been with her family, she can't help but notice that she's gained weight, not that she didn't want to, she was happy that her bones weren't popping out anymore.

And it's all thanks to her family, especially Elio, who ignored her whining's and forced her to eat three meals a day.

Aside from that, her injuries were looking a lot worse, it was almost impossible to cover them up without using a whole load of concealer.

Her bruises were turning dark purple mixed with green while her ribs were making it hard for her to breathe.

She was sure the slashes on her back were infected, but she didn't care, as long as she had painkillers.

After all, the only reason why she isn't in the hospital right now was because of the painkillers, and she could only hope she has enough to last her a while, until she could get a new bottle.

All she could do now, was wait.

The Stones family was seated in the kitchen, having dinner and conversing with each other as Alexandra was playing with her food, clearly full.

"So Alexandra, you start school in a week, you excited?" Anthony asked Alexandra which immediately caught her attention.

"I don't know, not really a big fan of school." She shrugged and went back to playing with her food.

Ares softly kicked her leg and motioned for her to finish her food once she had looked at him, which earned him a slight nod as his little sister continued playing with her food.

"Dad, that was such a stupid question, who gets excited for school." Evan pointed out as he shoved a fork full of spaghetti into his mouth.

Alexandra was dreading going to school, she absolutely hated going to school back at Arizona, the only good thing that came out of it was that she was away from him.

But that didn't mean she had a great time at school either.

With everyone making fun of her eyes and the way she dressed, her time at school was pretty much miserable.

Especially because of the girl named Stacey Adams, who never failed to remind Alexandra how much she wasn't needed in this world.

Stacy had hurt Alexandra in the worst way a student could.

She pushed Alexandra off the stairs.

She threatened her.

She beat her up a few times, she left Alexandra unconscious on the bathroom floor, begging for her to stop.

But she never did.

She turned the whole school against Alexandra.