Chapter 26

Alexandra's POV

"We're here." Elio announced, turning off his car engine and getting out with the rest of us following. "You're like an hour older than me, stop acting as if you're my grandpa." I mumbled to Ares when he ruffled my hair like he always did, making him raise his hands in surrender, "Jeez, who got you so cranky." He asked.

"She's hungry." Elio responded, making Ares' mouth form an 'O' shape as he nodded.

"No wonder." He muttered, and I narrowed my eyes at him as we started walking towards the restaurant that looked like you'd be spending your whole month's salary on just a dish.

It looks way too expensive.

Dad told the waiter our name for the reservation and the waiter led us to our private room where we'd be having dinner.

Private room. Dang.

"You're cute." The waiter said to me when he moved to walk past all of us after leading us to the door. I furrowed my eyebrows and moved away from him. I think Ares heard what he said, because he put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me to his side, "Fuck off and get us a new waiter." He hissed, where the waiter's lips pull into a tight smile as he nodded once and walked away.

"Thanks." I mumbled and when I looked around, I noticed everyone had already went inside, leaving just Ares and I outside the door to the private room.

I was nervous to say the least. I was nervous to meet a new family and I was nervous to meet the said person.

"Come on." I held Ares' hand that he outstretched for me and I followed him in, my eyes immediately falling on Mom and Dad as a smile formed on my face from seeing theirs, "Ares! Alexandra! You're here!" Mom said cheerfully. I can tell she was really happy to finally be able to see her best friend after so many years.

"Mom, Alexandra needs to be fed. She's been grumpy the whole car ride." Evan said and I looked at him with my lips in a thin line, before moving my eyes to the new faces surrounding the table.

Next to Mom, sat a beautiful lady with brown hair and brown eyes. Her hair was curled and it flowed down her shoulders. She wore a red dress— similar to Moms and she wore a genuine smile on her face as she looked at me with happiness.

Next to her, sat a man— who looked Dad's age with dirty blond hair and familiar green eyes, he looked tall and had slight stubble on his face. He wore a suit that looked really expensive, I mean his and Dads suit looked the same—

Moving my eyes to look at the little boy next to the man, my face broke out in a huge smile as he showed me a toothy grin, showing off his missing teeth. He had brown eyes and dirty blond hair. He was adorable!

Lastly, I looked at the person sitting next to the little boy and when I say my eyes grew the size of a watermelon, I wasn't joking. My eyeballs literally bulged out and my mouth opened wide.

Is that him?

No wonder why the mans emerald eyes looked so familiar, it was because they belonged to Everett's Dad.

He knew me this whole time.

Everett sat in his spot with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed in front of his chest. His chocolate brown hair styled perfectly, making his hair look very fluffy and it makes you want to touch it. He wore black dress pants with a black button up shirt, the first few buttons unbuttoned, showing his stiff, tattooed chest. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, leaving a few of the beautiful ink on display.

He looked so gorgeous.

I blinked at him a few times, before moving my eyes to look at Mom who had called my name, "Why don't you two take a seat?"