Chapter 27

Alexandra's POV

I sat down on the lunch table with a yawn, all while plopping my head in my arms to show my clear tiredness.

There's only three words to describe today— exhausting, tiring and draining.

My battery level is kinda running low here.

I can't even name two classes where I didn't have any of the boys wake me up by poking me. Quite literally.

And the worse thing is, I want to sleep for hours and hours, but I can't do that even if I wanted to.

"You look like shit." Sebastian chirped, plopping in front of me along with the two other boys as they lightly slammed their lunch trays on the table.

"Please, no noise." I groaned, lifting my head up just to rub the tiredness from my eyes.

"And thanks." I mumbled.

"Seriously though, Alexandra, are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in weeks." Nolan jumped in.

I had to blink a couple of times to get my vision back from rubbing my eyes too hard— I'm pretty sure my eyes were red now.

"I'm good. I just don't like waking up early." I half lied. Which is true, who likes waking up early? Especially when you're forced to wake up so early in the morning for education.

Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like if everything was the complete opposite, like what if school was at night?

Like you sleep in the morning and afternoon, and start school early evening until around midnight?

I feel like it would be the same, just that the sky wouldn't be so bright when we're at school.

And the hallways would be scary.

Spooky.

"Where's your lunch?" Everett jumped in with raised eyebrows, his eyes staring deep into my soul as if he could read everything I was thinking of.

That would be so cool but so creepy.

Suddenly, I was reminded of his words back from dinner, my cheeks immediately heating up at those words that makes my heart beat so fast.

'See you at school, pretty girl.'

"I'm not that hungry, I can still feel my breakfast in my tummy." I said.

Mom always makes a huge breakfast. Today she made pancakes with caramel drizzle along with eggs and bacon.

Let's not forget the fruits too.

I ate so much that I was sure I had a Santa belly and it's still visible.

And I wasn't lying when I said that I can still feel it in my stomach. It's still there, it has yet to be pooped out.

"Bullshit." Everett cursed, before breaking apart his huge sandwich and giving me the slightly smaller half. "Here. Finish it." he said as I stared at the sandwich with wide eyes.

It wasn't those normal sandwiches that were made with those square bread, it was literally made with those fat baguette.

I don't know what they're called so I'll call it a fat baguette.

It was filled with all types of things there could possibly be in a sandwich. Turkey? It's there. Eggs? I can clearly see it. Tomatoes? Yuck, I hate tomatoes but it's there.

Lettuce? Yes that's there too.

There's no way I can even fit this in my mouth, let alone, finish it.