Chapter 32

Alexandra's POV

I left the washroom right after I finished brushing my teeth using the spare toothbrush I found under the sink, just to find Everett awake and on his phone, but this time, he was on his bed instead of the sofa like last night.

I felt a little guilty for hogging his bed— he had to sleep uncomfortably on the sofa. I literally saw how his extremely long legs were hanging off the end of the sofa.

"Good morning sunshine!" I chirped.

"It's too early for this." he groaned and used a pillow to cover his face as he rolled over on the bed.

Giggling, "Wake up, sleepy head. We have a bright day ahead of us!" I slapped him with a pillow and only laughed when he groaned again.

"Fuck off."

Now that's just rude.

His eyes were trained on his phone, so I took the opportunity to gather his hair in a small man bun and tie it up, all while Everett grunted like a little child, "Sit still, you big baby. This will make it easier for you to wash your face since your hair is so long and will probably get wet with the water." I rambled, patting his forehead that was visible now.

"I'm only keeping it because you tied it." he mumbled, before he got out of bed with another overly dramatic groan and walked to the bathroom to freshen up.

Since I didn't want to go down on my own, afraid of facing his family on my own, I sat on his desk chair and waited.

While I did, I grabbed a pencil and left a little note just for fun.

Maybe it'll cheer him up since he's always in such a bad mood.

I also drew little cartoon characters since Everett was taking quite a while in the bathroom— and I thought I took a long time to freshen up.

Just as I finished, Everett walked out of the bathroom,

"The grinch is up!" I grinned at the sight of his hair and his eyes that were more visible to look at.

He has really pretty eyes.

"Hungry?" Everett rolled his eyes at my previous comment.

Sighing dramatically, "Starving." I leaned back on the wheel chair while spinning.

I think I should get one of these for my room. The desk chair in my room is a simple white chair, meaning I can't roll or spin around whenever I get bored while doing my homework.

Standing up, I stretched my sore body, "Mom made breakfast." Everett announced.

I stood still in my spot, slightly nervous to see his mom again.

Don't get me wrong— his mom is extremely nice, but I don't do well with people that I have only met recently.

I've only met Everett's mom once at dinner and I like her, but I can't help the little anxiety in me with the thought of communicating with someone way older than me.

"She likes you, don't worry." Everett reassured and I followed him out of his room, taking in the interior of his house just like I had last night.

But when we reached the stairs, I wasn't looking at the steps and completely missed a step as I tripped, again.

Didn't I already trip last night?

And I would've cracked my head open if it weren't for the hand that gripped my upper arm, "Why are you always falling?" Everett sighed and I didn't miss the way his eyes scanned my figure for any injuries.