Chapter 29

Alexandra's POV

Two weeks went by so quickly and before I knew it, it was already Saturday and I was getting ready for Sebastian's birthday.

I also got him a little gift— Mom and I went out last week and I wanted to get a little gift for him so mom accompanied me in getting it.

It was these pair of shoes he's talked about along with a handwritten card where I wrote about how grateful I am for him.

That's cringy but it's never too bad to tell your friends that you're grateful for them.

And I'm so deeply grateful for the boys and our friendship.

"Mom! I don't know what to wear!" I yelled out.

If only I could wear a hoodie everywhere I go. But unfortunately, I can't look like a rats nest everywhere.

"Am I your personal stylist now?" Mom chuckled as she walked into my closet that had clothes thrown everywhere with me standing exactly in the middle.

I had all sorts of jeans piled up on the floor and tops that were once neatly hung up, somehow ended up on the floor as well.

I'm a messy person and I know it.

"And you need to clean this mess." she scrunched her nose up while picking up a few choices of jeans and grabbing the small amount of tops I had that were still hung up.

"It's easier to find everything this way." I stated.

"How is that true when everything is piled up and hidden under everything?" Mom raised her eyebrows and pointedly asked, to which I only shrugged a reply.

She took a whole 20 minutes to look through all the piles of clothes I had scattered everywhere, and in the end, she chose a white long sleeve top that ends just above my belly and a pair of low waisted blue washed straight jeans that fit perfectly around my hips.

Mom should actually be my personal stylist, she's the only reason I dress good or else I would be going everywhere in hoodie and sweatpants or leggings on good days.

I took a quick shower, scrubbing myself with my strawberry and vanilla scented shampoo that makes me smell so good, I love it.

"You look pretty, honey." Mom compliments as soon as I change. I give her a twirl and smiled, "Thank you!" I stared at myself in the mirror, feeling a little uncomfortable with my belly out but I felt pretty.

My stomach had small little scars on them but it was barely visible— it had faded away quickly since they weren't that deep, but I still hated the way it's still there.

"My pretty daughter."

The frown that I didn't even know I had, turned into a grin before she began covering the almost faded cut on my lip.

It was almost gone, just a little red and overall, you can tell something happened there.

I swear Ares was ready to throw hands when he saw my lip during lunch at the cafeteria. He was so mad but he was also extremely concerned because it's not everyday you see your sister with a busted lip.

Evan on the other hand, claimed I looked badass.

His words not mine.

"I still can't believe my only daughter got a busted lip," she dramatically sighed.

These past almost two weeks, she's been saying that to me once every day, I swear.

I get that they're worried, but it's just a silly small wound.