Chapter 33

Please read the Authors note at the end.

Alexandra's POV

Another week, another day at school. I sighed at the thought of how quick the weekend went by, just a single day of the school week goes by so slow but when it's the weekend, it goes by so quick as if you're just blinking.

I think education is very important, ever since I was little— well ever since I could remember, I've always studied so hard in order to get the best grades so I could go into the best university and live peacefully without having to ever worry about when my next meal is going to be or if I had enough money to be able to pay the months rent.

To cut it short, I've always wanted to grow up to be a successful person— I've always wanted to make myself successful from the bottom, to the top.

And I never stopped. Although I came into this new school with a new environment, with new ways of teaching and even some new subjects that I never had back at Arizona, I never allowed myself to slack off.

I simply couldn't afford to.

I would always have my head buried inside a textbook. I would always be looking through the textbooks that I wasn't even suppose to until the next year.

That's how I was with myself.

But here?

I felt so at peace here without having to worry about anything— I don't rely on my family for everything but it felt nice to be a little free.

I didn't have to worry about being able to eat or not.

Hell, I didn't even have to worry about studying that much because mom and dad told me that aside from studying, I should live life a little too.

Because every teenager should have a fun story to tell their kids when they're older.

Before my family, I wouldn't have had any stories to tell my kids, simple because I didn't have the chance to experience what life was like outside that abusive house.

But now that I'm here, I learned that not everything is sad in life, there are good things too.

And also not everything is about education— you should do what you love doing the most too, you don't always have to have your head stuck between a book, trying to solve an advanced math equation.

Which was why, during my free period right now, I was doing what I loved.

Reading.

Music and reading. My two favourite things.

I had earphones on and was listening to a slow and steady piano music while reading.

I missed playing the piano— I absolutely adored it.

It was my legitimate comfort place— a place I always went to when I felt like losing.

Bringing my head up to look out the window of the library, I was met with the view of the car park, but that's not what I focused my gaze on.

I looked up at the sky where multiple birds were flying around— so carefree and chirping so joyfully.

The sky was looking pretty today.

Whenever I looked at the sky, it always reminded me of the sunset. I've seen so many pictures of it online but I was yet to see it myself.

I've never seen the sunset— or the sunrise.

Everyone talks about how beautiful it is, but I wouldn't know, would I?

I've always dreamed of going to the beach and watching the sunset or the sunrise with someone that holds a special place in my heart— how peaceful it would be to be able to have that special someone next to you, watching the most beautiful thing with you.