Chapter 36

Happy reading !

Alexandra's POV

"We're here. Let's go so I can see what mom and dad got us." Ares jumped out of the car as soon as he parked it in the garage and I quietly trailed behind him, the exhaustion clear as day on my face.

As soon as I stepped foot in the living room, I made a beeline to my room, not being able to wait to jump in bed— the only thing I've been looking forward to nowadays.

Ares went to the kitchen to grab himself an after school snack, whereas I felt as if the house was feeling a little too quiet.

Usually Evan would be in the living room, watching whatever show he watches on the TV while munching on junk food.

As I entered my room, I placed my bag on the desk chair, my eyes landing on something in my room.

Something that was never there. I had to do a double take and blink multiple times when I realised that this was in my room and that I wasn't dreaming.

My body slightly froze and I didn't know how to react. How did they even know?

As soon as my mind kicked in, I yelled, "What the hell?!" my feet rushed me to the piano placed on one side of the wall in my room and I stared at it with wide eyes.

It looked so pretty and elegant— my favourite thing on earth was here, in my room and I couldn't stop staring at it.

A feeling of anticipation coursed through me as my feet rushed me to the elegant looking piano as the tips of my fingers touched it— it felt as if I was dreaming.

I couldn't believe mom and dad got me a piano— better yet— I can't even believe it's in my room.

"I take it, you like it?" my head jerked to the door of my room, seeing both my parents there as they looked at me with soft smiles on their faces.

"H-How did you guys even know?" I asked, my voice coming out low as I kept my eyes on the beauty in front of me.

I couldn't help but feel as if I didn't deserve it— I haven't touched a piano in forever. I didn't deserve such an expensive gift.

They've already given me enough— I don't deserve this— I can't accept something like this when I know that I don't deserve this.

But the love for piano in me won't let me get any of those words out— neither will it let me utter a simple thank you.

"Of course we'd know." dad said, walking over to me as he placed his arm on my shoulders, "Happy birthday, my little girl." he greeted again just as mom came over as well and pulled me to her embrace.

"I-I can't believe this." I said, still in utter shock as my mismatched eyes never left the piano, even when I hugged mom.

"Thank you, mom and dad. I-I don't know what to say. I can't believe this." I repeated the last part, my mind being filled with astonishment.

This truly was too much— it was too overwhelming. I couldn't handle this much in a day— I don't deserve this much love.

"You deserve the world, sweetie." mom kissed the side of my head and I leaned into both my parents embrace, engulfing them in a tight hug as I kept repeating. "Thank you. You guys are the best."

"When you were little, you were always so mesmorised by the piano. I always knew that you would grow up to be a pianist." mom revealed a part of my childhood that I never knew of. It made me upset all over again to know how much of my childhood I had missed out on.