Chapter 31

Alexandra's POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone holding my hand— it provided me some sort of comfort and I didn't want to open my eyes, afraid that the comfort was just a dream.

So I kept my eyes closed to try and go back to sleep, but I couldn't. A slight headache appeared, it made me scrunch my face and whimper a little, before I finally opened my eyes and stared at an unfamiliar ceiling that I knew didn't belong to my room.

It was so cold in this room, I was freezing but as I attempted to pull the soft duvet more over my body, I realised that the comfort I was feeling, wasn't a dream.

I was holding onto someone's hand— someone was holding onto my hand.

Moving my eyes to the side, I came face to face with Everett's sleeping face, soft breaths leaving his lips and his hand clutching mine.

I assumed I was in Everett's house, his room was exactly how I had expected it to be— with navy blue walls that almost seemed black and a huge window that were half covered by dark gray curtains.

He had a bedside table on each side of his bed with lamps on both of them and a single picture frame.

It had a young boy that was on Everett's back, both having big grins on their faces. It was absolutely adorable seeing Everett so happy.

His smile was so wide that you would think the Everett now and the Everett in the picture were two different people.

The photo looked recent too.

I moved my eyes back to Everett when he groaned a little, before placing his head on top of his own arm.

I didn't even know how hard I had clutched onto his hand in my sleep— I could see the crescent shape of my own nails on his tattooed hand and I felt so guilty for hurting him.

His eyebrows furrowed in his sleep once I released my grip, but all I did was gently caress the marks I had inflicted on him.

He was on the floor, his head laying on the edge of the bed as he left his whole bed for me— Everett let me sleep on his bed even if it meant that he had to be on the floor.

What is this boy doing to me?

I couldn't even remember how I ended up here, I couldn't remember anything from Sebs party.

Except the car. I remember having a conversation with Everett, I remember crying, I could even feel my heavy eyes that I knew were swollen.

But what I want to remember is what happened at the party, what happened in the car?

Blurry imagined of me crying and Everett's voice poured down on me, my eyes widening when I realised something.

Did I say something I wasn't supposed to?

I had no clue as to why I'm here or how I even got here, the last thing I remembered was talking to Lisa at Sebs house.

I furrowed my own eyebrows, trying so hard to figure everything out, until it hit me.

It wasn't clear— it was so vague but I remember Lisa handing me a fruit punch, everything is blurry after that.

Did she—?

I can't believe I trusted her.

One thing that didn't leave my mind was— someone's hands all over me, and Everett's loud banging on the door and how he punched someone for me.

Again.

Once I remembered, I immediately flipped Everett's hand and stared at his knuckles— it was red, covered in recent scars.