Chapter 14

Alexandra's POV

It's been a few days since I told them everything, since they told me what happened the day I went missing.

The past few days were very boring when I was home without my brothers, I would spend it on my phone that Mom and Dad had gotten me. Or sometimes I would spend it with Mom, we would cook together or bake and she would tell me stories about how I used to help her all the time when I was 3.

Apparently I would steal chocolate chips from the jar and eat it.

When my brothers would get home from school and work, I would force them to watch Disney movies with me and eat all the cookies Mom and I would make. Dad and Mom would prepare dinner while they would scream at each other about the movie.

Even though they would refuse to watch it, they would get excited during certain parts more than I would.

And then there's today.

I was listening to music in my room when Evan slammed my room door open, panting heavily.

"Can you please knock the next time you enter my room, I could've been naked!" I slightly yelled at him, moving to carefully lay on my back, in order to not bring pain to my ribs.

"Sorry. I got bored of walking so I ran." He walked to my bed after closing the door, before jumping on my bed with his shoes on.

"Ev! If you're going to sit on my bed, take off your shoes!" I groaned into my pillow, causing him to chuckle and take off his shoes, which he threw towards the corner of my room.

I buried my face into the pillow and closed my eyes, deciding to take a short nap since sleeping at night is still a problem for me.

I still get nightmares. And I want them to stop.

"What's got you into such a bad mood today?" Evan questioned, bringing his hand to softly stroke my hair.

I sighed, "I don't know. I'm just bored of staying home, there's nothing to do anymore. I just can't wait to start school at this point." I mumbled from the pillow, my voice all muffled and lazy.

He laughed, his voice filling the quiet room, "Well, I guess today's your lucky day because we're going out for dinner tonight!" He cheered, making me sit up straight and turn to look at him.

"Really? Why are we eating out though?" I asked him with my head tilted to the side.

"Mom knew you were bored of staying home, we've also been wanting to eat at this new restaurant that just opened up that's about 25 minutes away and I guess today's the day." He simply shrugged, moving to lie down on my bed while wrapping himself up in my fluffy blanket.

"Oh." I nodded my head, before snatching my blanket away from him.

"That's mine, get your own." I hugged the blanket close to my chest and laid down next to Evan, who yanked half my blanket and covered his own body with it.

"Sharing is caring Alexandra. Now let's sleep, I can tell you're tired." He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and moved me close to him, where I snuggled in his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"What time are we leaving?" I whispered, lazily.

"In about 3 hours, so around 6, you have enough time to take a nice nap." Evan's hand stroked my head again, the soothing gesture making a yawn escape my lips, before I shut my eyes and immediately fell asleep with my brother.

"Sleep well, monkey."

❦ ❦ ❦

I could feel a hand on my shoulder, the person softly shaking me while whispering something.