Chapter 24

Everett's POV

"Get the fuck out of my way." I hissed at a short nerd who immediately moved away from me and rushed away.

The last bell of the day rang a while ago, but the principal was busy talking to me and telling me how the shit I'm wearing is not appropriate for school.

I don't know what's wrong with a black hoodie, he must be an idiot.

I successfully shoved everyone and made it to my car without running into any girls that throws themselves at any guy every chance they get. And to be honest, its getting fucking annoying watching it happen right in front of my damn face.

But she's different. I thought as I watched her exit the glass doors of the school building. She walks with her head hung low, scared to meet the eyes of everyone in this school, and I don't blame her. A lot of people in this stupid private school are rude assholes that enjoys bringing some students down.

I may be rude, but I would never bully people, nor would I try and bring them down, like how some students do.

They think they're better than everyone else, they think they have control over everything. When they don't. They just think they're the most important person because of their families money.

What they're too dumb to know, is that this is a private school, almost everyone here has a shit ton of money, except scholarship students but that doesn't mean they should bring scholarship students down because they can't afford shit we can.

But she's different, she walks around the school, scared to look up, her head is always down and she stares at her shoes as she walks, which is why she keeps bumping into people. Which is why she bumped into me on her first day here.

She hides her beauty, and I don't understand why. She's beautiful, everyone in school can't stop talking about how beautiful she is. But she doesn't know it, it's as if she's been told otherwise her whole life.

Every other girl tries their damn hardest to make themselves look... different. They do everything, from pulling their skirts up, to nails, wearing multiple jewelries, makeup, hair extensions, everything. I get why, because the uniform is not the best and they want to stand out to everyone.

But she does nothing to stand out, she doesn't even try to show off her beauty and yet, she stands out, not only to me, but to everyone. Her light brown hair is always pulled into a simple ponytail on top of her head, the end of her long, wavy hair streaming down her back.

She only wears one simple necklace around her neck that spells out her name, her nails are short and a plain white color. Her cheeks pink, her face pale and free of heavy make up, her lips pink and plump, her skirt the perfect length, stopping just below her mid thigh. Her long legs covered in long white socks, exposing just an inch of her smooth thighs.

Her big eyes a mesmerizing color of blue and green, her lashes long and thick and kisses her cheekbones every time she blinks.

She's simple yet so fucking breathtaking.

And she needs to know it, but she doesn't.

She looks exactly like how she did all those years ago. She looks exactly the same from 10 years ago— except she seems to have gotten even more beautiful and I hate how I can never look away from her beauty.

The first time I saw her back at the rooftop, I refused to believe that it was her. Because she's gone. She was gone.

I was eight when she left, when she was taken away from her family. From me.

She was declared dead and it broke my eight year old heart when I heard that my best friend was gone.

My world crumbled and my heart shattered into a million pieces, my thoughts hoped that it was all just a dream, a silly prank. I hoped that the small 6 year old girl was still there, that she was waiting for the chocolate chip cookies that I would bake with my Mom, just for her.