Chapter 25

Alexandra's POV

It was Saturday and I woke up bright and early today, right next to Ares since Evan insisted we have a movie night with just the three of us.

But he ended up going to his bed because Ares and I moved too much.

He said that we should make every Friday a 'ditch the oldies' night.

He even managed to convince Ares to join, and I don't know how. He probably bribed him by telling him that he'll do Ares' share of chores for the rest of the week—

And Ares is literally the laziest person ever so I bet he said yes to that, but little did he know that Evan was lazy too, and he'd probably ditch both their chores.

But after I woke up, I very nicely kicked Ares out of my room, before I took a long shower because I felt like it and I find warm showers quite relaxing, so that's what I did.

Right now, we were all having breakfast together like every morning, with Ares and I throwing insults at each other because Ares snores in his sleep and he blamed it on me.

"Ow! What the hell did you kick me for?!" I exclaimed suddenly with my face scrunched up in pain.

"Ares don't kick your sister." Mom said, "And you two, please don't behave like this tonight."

That got all of our attention, making me look up at Mom with a look of puzzlement crossed over my face, "What's happening tonight?" I asked.

A smile grew on Mom's face, the corners of her eyes crinkling in the process of doing so, "We're having dinner with one of my closest friends and her family. We lost contact but recently reconnected and she wants to meet us, especially you."

"She knows me?" the hair framing my face fell over my eyes as my head tilted to the side.

Surely not right? I mean I didn't spend most of my life here so I doubt anyone here would know me other than my family.

"She was basically your second mother." Mom chuckled, "You and her son were really close friends, best friends even. So the two of you were always together and his Mom treated you like her own. I'm sure she's missed you a lot."

"Oh."

"He's coming too?" Ares asked, annoyed for no reason at all. But that's Ares, he gets irritated easily and I feel bad for his future soulmate that has to deal with his mood swings.

"Of course he is, I don't care about your hatred or whatever you call it, towards him but tonight. You both were once best friends so behave, okay?" Mom said to Ares, as if she knew how he would act and I don't blame her, it's quite easy to predict how he would act if he hated someone.

"You heard your Mom, I want all of you to behave or I'm grounding you." Dad spoke up as he supported Mom, earning a groan from Ares.

But all I want to know is, who the family was. Who's the boy that apparently was really close to me? I had no idea I even knew anyone here before.

I guess we'll have to wait till tonight to find out.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

Mom looked really happy to be able to see her best friend again, I'm guessing they haven't seen each other for a really long time either. I hope dinner goes well for her— she deserves all the happiness that she can receive.

"This restaurant she and I always used to go to before. Its quite old and fancy but they serve great food." Mom replied and I could feel the extreme excitement radiating off of her.

I bobbed my head in return and continued with breakfast as I listened to the conversation between the rest of them.

"Just a warning Alexandra, don't get close too him again. You're not allowed to date until you're like 60." Evan said to me, making me roll my eyes at him, "I don't even know who he is."