Chapter 23

Alexandra's POV

"Alright. That's fucking it. I'm teaching you how to fight." Ares stormed into my room. Without knocking, he just slammed the door open, making it bang against the wall.

His sudden appearance startled me and I let out a short scream, dropping my phone right on my nose. And let's just say, it hurts. Real bad.

"Jesus! Do none of you idiots know how to knock?!" I groaned as I pressed the palm of my hand to my nose and rolled over in my bed.

My nose throbbed and I was surprised it wasn't broken, although, I'm sure it would need more than just a drop of my phone for my nose to break. Like maybe a punch or something.

I turned to look at him with my hand to my nose, to see him standing with raised eyebrows and his hands on his hips, standing in a position a mother would while they're scolding their child.

"Did you not hear what I said?" He asked seriously.

My mind went back to just seconds ago, and the words that spilled out of his mouth as he slammed the door, my eyebrows furrowed, "You were serious?" I said with a tilt to my head.

I'll laugh if he's being serious, anyone in the world can tell that I can't fight. Not because I actually can't fight, but because I hate the thought of hurting someone else. Anything to do with hurting someone, whether it's physically or emotionally, terrifies me.

Ares blinked at me a couple of times, and I took that as an answer to my question, "No way! I'm not learning how to purposely hurt someone!" I exclaimed as I sat up on my bed.

"It's self defense! You'll need it if someone tries something with you like that guy did today!" Ares said, his voice slightly louder than it normally is. He looked frustrated as he paced around my room, but stopped to say something, "It's important for you to be able to protect yourself because you won't always be lucky like you were today."

He was referring to what happened after school, how someone harassed me and how Everett got me away from him, But he didn't exactly know it was Everett, I had left out his name because I know Ares and all my brothers has a disliking towards him, I don't know why but they did.

But Elio though, I don't know how but he knew I was hurt. After dinner, he came to my room and told me to show him where it hurts.

And like how anyone would, I played dumb, with my eldest brother. But he didn't believe me, he stared at me until I gave up and lifted my sleeve, to reveal the dark bruise on my wrist.

As soon as I did, his whole expression changed, and it scared me because he looked really mad. He got me an ice pack, before he literally stormed out of my room. And I haven't see him ever since.

Which brings me here, getting dragged to the gym room by Ares as he talked about the importance of self defence.

"Ares, you know I can't—"

"Yes I do angel, but I want you to be safe. Just please." His voice was softer than before as he stopped walking and he cut me off.

I was surprised by the tone of his voice and the desperation in it. And it said everything, he was afraid of something happening to me, he didn't say it, but I saw it.

My body relaxed and a sigh left my lips, I didn't say anything but instead, I just nodded and walked ahead of him, leaving him to trail behind me as I walked to the gym room.

❦ ❦ ❦

"Ow that hurt!" I yelled at Ares, making him immediately release me from the light chokehold he had me in.