Chapter 22

Alexandra's POV

The bell to the period before lunch rang and I quickly packed my bags and stood up to leave, pushing past students to get to the washroom, where I stepped foot into a stall and locked the door behind me.

This whole day, my wrist has been throbbing, ever since I woke up. Not even the painkillers I took before school helped in reducing the pain.

My back leaned against the wall as I bit my lip in pain.

I've tried so hard to keep it in.

I brought my arm up and carefully pulled the sleeves of my sweater up, revealing the bandaged wrist where it was slightly stained with blood.

I didn't want it to stain my sweater, that would arouse too many questions and stares, so I removed the old bloodied gauze and replaced it with a new one that I always store in my bag, incase of emergencies.

And I'm glad I did, because the last thing I wanted, would be everyone finding out.

I discarded the bloodied gauze after wrapping it in tissue and left the stall where I washed the bits of blood off my hands. My eyes looked up at the mirror to see a tired girl looking back at me, and I let out a sigh.

I'm going to have to endure the pain till schools over. I don't know if I can, but I have to.

I left the washroom to an almost empty hallway, people were rushing to their next class since there were only three minutes left till the warning bell rang.

Which made me speed walk to my next period, but as I was walking down the empty stairs, a tight grip on my injured wrist stopped me as I hissed in pain and scrunched my face up.

Not again.

The said person spun me around and hovered over me as my eyes came in contact with familiar emerald green ones, that were always so empty and blank.

"What are you—" I spoke first, immediately being cut off by him, "If you ever tell anyone that you saw me there, I swear to god—"

My eyebrows furrowed from him assuming that I'm the type of person that would go around spreading things about others.

"It's not mines to tell." I said, not letting him finish his sentence, I knew it would be something I didn't like, something I was too familiar with.

I looked at him and his grip on my wrist, it was getting tighter as tears welled up in my eyes at my throbbing wrist.

And I guess he noticed it because he quickly let go and I immediately brought my wrist behind my back.

His eyes looked to where I hid my wrist, "Are you okay?" he suddenly asked, and I was surprised at his tone, because it was tinged with worry and concern.

But I refuse to believe that he was concerned.

"I'm fine." I replied, avoiding looking in his eyes.

I heard a sigh leave him as he brought his hand up and ran it through his hair, "Thanks for the chocolate." He muttered so lowly, you wouldn't be able to hear him unless you were standing really close to him.

But I heard it, and a huge smile immediately made its way onto my face as I ignored the visible pain on my wrist, "You like it?" I asked him.

He stared at me, before slowly nodding. I was about to say something, but my eyes widened when I realised that I have to get to class. I immediately looked at the time on my phone, "Crap! I have to get to class, I'll see you later!" I rushed out before running down the stairs two steps at a time, not waiting for Everett to reply.