Chapter 21

Alexandra's POV

"What did Jane have to talk to you about?" I asked Dad as we entered the living room, completely forgetting about their talk.

I really don't know what had gotten into me when I gave Everett my bar of chocolate. Maybe because he looked so close to breaking down, he looked to be in pain and I knew how that felt.

I hated seeing people in pain because I know exactly what it's like to be in pain alone, silently with no one to be there for you. He looked like he needed someone, but I don't think he likes me very much so I didn't want to bother him.

Instead I gave him my bar of chocolate that I took from the kitchen before leaving, incase everything didn't go well and the chocolate bar could cheer me up. It was my favourite one too.

Dad looked back at me with a small smile, "Nothing much, just about your schedule and such." He said, before walking to the kitchen whereas I walked straight to my room and plopped face first on my bed.

A groan of frustration left my lips, "I'm hungry." I told my empty room, lifting my head up and looking around my room to see if I have any snacks laying around.

I didn't find any.

So I kicked my shoes off my feet and to a corner of my room, before getting under my covers and taking out my phone.

'Movie in my room! <3' I texted the group and placed my phone down as I picked up the TV remote and searched for a movie to watch.

I don't care if they don't like what I picked, they have to deal with it if they even decide to come.

The movie started playing on my TV screen— 'Wonder', it looked good and appropriate for my immature of brothers to watch so we're watching Wonder!!

Two minutes into the movie, the door to my room was kicked open dramatically by Evan, who had a bowl of popcorn in hand with Ares behind him, carrying a lot junk food.

I guess god heard my groans of wanting chocolate and he delivered.

Or maybe this was my plan all along...

"Fear not! The amazing Evan Stones has made his appearance!" Evan yelled as soon as he stepped foot into my room, making me wince from how loud his voice was.

I brought my hands up and covered my ears, "Ouch, inside voices please!" I whisper-yelled at him, to which he looked at me sheepishly before jumping on my bed, right on top of my legs.

I swear this guy will break my bones one day. Not that it's never been broken before.

"Be careful, you're going to hurt her, you dumbass." Ares scolded Evan for jumping on my legs, then proceeded to do the same, but he jumped on my bed, not my legs. This time I muttered how they're always jumping on my bed, it's going to break one day I swear.

My legs immediately kicked Evan out of my bed and onto the floor, where he landed with a thump, "You are killing my legs!" I said while twisting my ankle in circular motions.

"You got kicked out of the bed before we even started watching the movie." Ares laughed from besides me before playfully kicking Evan.

I sighed and looked at the Evan on the floor, "Am I just gonna sit on the floor?" he asked Ares as he turned to look at me, probably waiting for an invitation to sit on my bed.

I grabbed the bunch of junk food and placed them on my lap before taking a pack of M&M's and opening it,

"Yeah you can have fun on the floor, it looks pretty comfortable." I said, shoving some chocolates in my mouth as my head rested against Ares' shoulder and with my head facing the TV, where the movie was still playing.