Chapter 18

Alexandra's POV

I left first period with a sigh. It was just the first lesson of the day and I was already exhausted, and to add on to that, I heard the students whispering about me— stuffs that I didn't want to hear.

I hate how other people put their noses in other peoples business. I hate how they judge other people without even knowing them.

And I hate how the people were talking about me— but mostly, I hate how I didn't have the guts to stand up for myself.

The whispers from students still had my hands shaking and I couldn't even control it.

But one of the many things the students whispered about, had me lowering my head so that my hair could cover the eyes that everyone seems to be talking about.

Why can't students accept that just because someone has two different coloured eyes, doesn't mean that they're anything different?

My shaky hands held the map in hand as I looked over it, trying to find the room to next period. I had texted Ares and asked if he could wait for me outside of my first period class, but in return, he said he got held back by the teacher for not doing his homework.

Typical Ares.

I moved my head up to look around the hallway, my eyes immediately landing on a pair of electric blue eyes that belonged to Nolan as he stopped in front of me, "Hey."

The frustration in my voice was evident as I muttered back, "Hi."

"Need help?"

I vigorously nodded my head, earning a light chuckle from him while he took my schedule from my hand and looked through it, "Come on, I'll walk you."

It was as if god had heard my prayers because I was so close to throwing the map away and leaving this hellhole.

I would never do that, but still.

"A-Are you sure? You don't have to." I said, suddenly worried that he might be late to his class because of me.

But he simply began walking past students as he led the way, "It's fine. My class is on the same floor anyways." He said.

I nodded, and walked next to him quietly, my hands tightly clutching the straps of my bag, in hopes that it would stop shaking.

"You're in quite a few AP classes." Nolan began and I was grateful that he broke the silence between us since it was getting a little nerve wracking.

"It's years of hard work." I said.

He nodded in understanding before stopping in front of a room and pointing his chin towards it, "Here's your class."

I looked at him in gratitude, I knew I would've been lost if it weren't for him, "Thank you, Nolan." I said, before entering my class.

My eyes looked around the classroom, only seeing a few students and a teacher with red hair, who sat in front of the classroom with her glasses on and her eyes on a book.

I walked towards her, before stopping, "Hi, I'm new here. Are there any assigned seats?"

The teacher looked up, a kind smile appearing on her face, "Ah yes Alexandra! I'm Ms Stephens and I'll be your History teacher for the year. You can take a seat at any empty seat at the back."

I looked back at her with a polite smile, "Thank you Ms Stephens." I said, before walking to the seat closest to the window, where I could see the view of the car park.

I sat down and took out my stationeries along with my History books and my notebook.

Feeling my phone suddenly vibrate in my pocket, I took it out and clicked on the unread message from the family group chat.