Chapter Three

As we're sitting through second period, it's the same as the first. Ms. Parker begins to explain the syllabus on the board and gets one of the students to hand out the printed PowerPoint so we can follow along. I pop a piece of gum in my mouth and cross my legs, trying to pay attention. When the student reaches my desk to hand me the paper, I wink at him. "Thanks joey boy," he grins widely.

"Y...you we.. welcome A...ddy." I burst out laughing before he scurries away, embarrassed.

As the class progresses, I get the feeling that someone is watching me again. I turn my head and catch Macy staring at me from a few rows over. I sigh and make a disgusted face. I've been pretending for years that I dislike her. But the reality is that whenever her gaze falls on me, my body heats up, and my palms become sweaty.

A part of me misses the friendship we used to have. Not that Gina isn't an amazing best friend, but something about Macy is different, and it could simply be because I'd had a secret crush on her since I was eleven. If only she knew what a single glance my way did to me, but I would never admit it.

I'll give her something to gawk at since she's staring at me. When the teacher returns to her desk and assigns a "Getting to Know You" worksheet, I get up and stroll over to the pencil sharpener. It just so happened to be next to Macy's desk. When I arrive, I scan the room to see whether anyone else is looking in this direction. Fortunately, they are not and are concentrating on the worksheet. Macy's is the only set of eyes that is still on me.

I smirk at her before tossing my pencil over my shoulders. "Oops," I mumble before turning around and bending over in front of her. I feel the cold breeze on my barely covered ass cheeks that face her.

I hear a slight coughing fit happening behind me. Still leaned over, I turn my head to look at her and find those brown eyes clinging to my behind, as she rubs her chest trying to compose herself. Her eyes flicker to mine, and she quickly moves her attention away, clearing her throat as if she didn't see anything. I chuckle, grab my pencil off the floor, and walk back to my seat.

When class is over, I walk out, not paying attention to her anymore. Gina is waiting by the door, so we can walk to our third period together.

"Did I see you walking with Macy?" She screeches and jumps up and down.

"Lower your voice." She is the only one that knows about my crush on Macy Tanner, and I would like it to stay that way. "And yes, my dad made me."

"Mhmm, you wanted to, just admit it," she laughs, nudging me. I roll my eyes and start walking away. We walk to class and sit next to each other. While listening to our English teacher speak, Gina passes me a note not wanting to get into trouble for talking.

'So, what happened?'

The note read. I sullenly look at my best friend, not wanting to answer. But her wiggling eyebrows make me chuckle, so I write back.

'Dad says walking with her will help with the bullying.'

She hurries and squiggles something back.

'Told you.'

I read the letter, but before writing anything back, she snatches the paper back to her desk to write something else.

'So, you gonna try to get in her pants?'

My eyes grow big at her note. I scrunch the paper up and throw it at her, pissed. It hits her in the eye, and we both bust out laughing. The eyes of the entire class glance our way.

"Ms. Reed, Ms. Lewis, Are you okay?" Our laughing ceases, and we turn and nod. "Good, pay attention."

"GoOd PaY ATtenTIoN," Gina whispers, mocking him. Our teacher turns back to the board, and we both cover our mouths, trying to hold our laughter.