Chapter Thirty-Two

Macy

Before we even go into the hotel room, my lips are being attacked. As other people walk behind us, chuckling, I try to find the slot to insert the key card into the door. She continues to make out with me, unconcerned about the onlookers, and I smile against her lips, proud that she no longer cares what other people think of her. Her stiletto heel steps on my foot, and I wince in pain.

"Ow! Shit." Her giggles are music to my ears as she kicks them off.

"Sorry love."

We both turn to see lighted candles strewn about the room. Her parents must have orchestrated this. A bottle of nonalcoholic champagne and two glasses are set next to the bed, along with a letter. I take a step back from her and read it.

"Happy Birthday Princess. We hope you enjoy your night - Mom and Dad," I read the note out loud. Before she can say anything, a knock is heard at the door, and Adelaide goes to open it. She's met with a closed box and looks at the delivery guy curiously. She says thank you and takes the box to the bed. When she opens it, there is a preserved Rose dipped in 24 karat gold in the center with two living red roses on either side. She picks the note up and reads it aloud.

"Four red roses to make up each year that I was not able to be in your life. Each year that I missed your birthday, and each year I was not able to give you the love that you deserved. These four roses will wither away with time, but the final Golden Rose in the center will stand the test of time, just as my love for you will. I promise from this day forward to never miss another day of your life. Happy Birthday, Adelaide," she finishes reading and turns to me with tears rolling down her cheek.

"You have to stop doing this!" She wore waterproof mascara tonight, so it's not smearing down her face this time.

She runs her fingers over the golden rose before walking over to me. Dragging her into a hug, I brush my hand over her long brown hair. She lifts her head, her ocean blue eyes stare back at me. "I love you so much, Adelaide."

She laughs while still crying, "I love you too Macy." I wipe her tears, and she connects our lips, pulling me closer to her. We look over to the jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room with rose petals in it. The steam from the hot water can be seen rising to fill the room, and the lavender scent fills our noses.

We both look at each other and grin. "Did your parents really set this up?" she nods her head.

"They did the same thing the day Dad graduated college."

"They're very cliche."

"Very. Want to get in," she asks, not even waiting for an answer before starting to take off my clothes in a hurry.

"Are you wanting to devour me or something?"

"Maybe." I laughed at her eagerness. As she turns around for me to unzip her tight little black dress, I leave feather-light kisses down her shoulders.

She leads me to the tub, gets in, and pulls me in along with her. Her lips press against my back as we soap up. I spin around and grasp her face, pulling it towards mine. She looks into my eyes, and I look back into her blue orbs. Her lips brush against me, soft and smooth. The lovely scent of her breath reaches my nose, and I exhale deeply as our lips become one.

As the warmth of her tongue swirls around mine, the kiss intensifies. It's as though the universe revolves only around her and me. My hand moves to the back of her neck, drawing her mouth further into mine. As my hand glides down her spine, the mist from the hot water surrounds us. I clutched her behind and bite her lower lip.

She sighs into the kiss, backing me further to the edge of the jacuzzi. As a moan escapes my throat, she nibbles on my earlobe. When I lean further over the edge, I'm lifted onto the side. Droplets of water flow down my body as she shifts her position between my legs. Her hands reach up to massage my breasts. She sucks my firm nipple into her mouth and gently tugs on it. My hands get caught in her hair as I collect it and tie it into a messy bun.