Chapter Twenty-Nine

Macy

The sun shines through the blinds, jolting me awake. I stretch and turn to see a precious body sleeping next to me. As I grin and brush a strand of her hair away from her face, I tuck it behind her ear and stroke the back of my fingers down her cheek.

My hand trails down her back and onto her covered ass. Slipping beneath the hem of her panties, and massages her cheek. I'm not sure why this is my weakness, but I can't help myself. While still caressing her, I begin tracing kisses up her arm.

Adelaide stirs awake, and I try to remove my hand from her panties, but she stops me. "Mmm, no, don't stop. That feels so good." I chuckle at her groggy voice but continue to give her thighs and ass a massage.

I grip them carefully, and she moans in response. "Your mother said no funny business babe."

"Shhh, this isn't funny business. This is serious, remember?" She mumbles into the pillow. I laugh but continue giving her what she wanted, as she drifts back into a peaceful sleep.

A faint knock is heard at the door, and small feet come rushing through. "Macy!" Rayden screams and runs to me. She has been attached to my hip. Being around her so much lately has made me want children of my own. I'm still young and definitely not ready yet, but I never considered having them before because of my addiction.

"Good Morning Ray. Merry Christmas." She smiles and brings her lips to my ear, cupping around it with both hands

"Are you giving it to her today?" She whispers in my ears. I smile and nod at her, then turn to make sure Addy hasn't woken up and heard. Rayden and Elliot helped me get the present for Addy. I didn't have any money, but this gift didn't need much. I consider myself fortunate that Alex and Elliot took me in as their own and have been taking care of me ever since.

"Yeah, but shhh," I say, putting my finger over my lip. Rayden nods her head vigorously and jumps off my lap running out of the door. As she does, Addy's dad comes into view in the hallway. She waves for me to come over. And I get out of bed slowly, not wanting to wake her daughter.

"Are you telling her today?" Damn, does everyone want to know? I mean, I know we've adored each other since we were ten, but we've only told each other in so many words, so this is going to be a nerve-wracking experience.

I nod my head. "Good, well make it special, but not too special that it turns into a marriage proposal like mine did. You are both way too young for that."

"I'm not asking her to be my girlfriend Mrs. Reed, we're already dating."

"I know. I know. But still, give it a few more years before you ask her to marry you. And don't do it on Christmas; that's my wife's and my day."

I nod my head laughing, "Okay, and I won't."

"Good" I begin to walk back into the room.

"Macy?" I turn around quickly. "Thank you for making my daughter happy." Mrs. Reed pulls me into a tight hug. I smile and relax into it. "Please take care of her. She needs someone who will love her and never abandon her. She may not show how much her birth mother's actions have hurt her, because she conceals her pain. She seeks validation from others around her, and I wish she didn't, but she's become humbler since you've returned to her life, and for that I'm grateful."

"I will Mrs. Reed."

She pulls back and laughs. "You can stop calling me that you know."

"What should I call you then?"

She grins, "Dad. As long as you don't break my daughter's heart." My smile grew big as I nodded, hugging her again. I never met my biological father and never asked about him. Daniel was the closest thing I could get, but he fueled my addiction, so I wouldn't call him a protector or a parent. It meant a lot that Alexandria wanted to step into that role for me.