Chapter Twenty-Eight

Adelaide

Time's passed, and Macy is still doing well with the detox. She has barely any symptoms left, and it's as if she never did drugs. Except when she becomes irritated by anything or someone and complains that she wants them.

She never actually reverts to drugs, though. She was right when she said I was her new addiction. Anytime she had an urge for drugs, she would pull me out of class to the locker room or from the dinner table at home. My parents knew what was happening, and they encouraged it. They said they'd rather she'd crave me than the drugs.

I'm appalled that they encourage this animal to take me anywhere and anytime she pleases, but I'm not complaining. Having sex with her for the first time was the best thing that's happened to me and being able to continue doing this with her kept me in a blissful state.

We are currently at school the last week before Christmas and New Year's break. Macy had been going to her last two classes alone because I had early volleyball practices this week. We had a couple of games since the season started, and my Family and Macy were at every one of them cheering us on. We have won every game so far.

Our group is sitting at the lunch table, and Miguel has now joined. He stopped hanging with the football team unless it was for practice. Chase still picks on the school queers, but nobody pays attention to him anymore.

While I eat my pizza, I sit on top of Macy's lap, and her hand is around my waist. As I go to take a mouthful of my food, she grabs my wrist and pulls the slice to her lips, where she takes a big bite. I place the pizza on the platter and look back at her.

"You beast! Go buy me another one!" The whole squad laughs at me, but my pierced lips never crack a smile.

"You're in trouble Macy," Gina teases. The group nods their heads, knowing what's up.

Macy is laughing while chewing on my food in her mouth. I grab her cheeks and squeeze them tight. "Nobody eats my food."

She pouts and swallows the pizza, "but I thought I was special," she whines.

I turn my body to lean in and give her a kiss. "You are special," I whisper against her lips, and a bunch of "awes" and "ews" are heard at the table.

We both laugh at their childishness, and I turn around to finish my lunch. She brings her lips to my ear. "I'll make it up to you later babe."

I blush, hoping nobody else heard that, but I look at Gina, and she puts two fingers into a V and wiggles her tongue in between them. I smacked her arm, and she burst out laughing.

***

It's Christmas Eve, and the whole family is meeting at the beach house for the holidays.

I missed Mamaw and Papaw, so I'm excited to go. Macy is coming with me this year, and Dad helped me pick out a bunch of gifts for her while Macy asked my mom for help. My parents said they had a big surprise for me but won't tell me what it was.

While Dad drives, Macy and I sit in the back seat, and Mom sits in the passenger seat. Aunty Jayda and Uncle Benjamin drove Camden and Rayden. They and the twins will be waiting for us there.

"Hey, you two?" Mom says, turning down the music and looking back at us. My head is on Macy's lap as I lay across the back seat while she plays in my hair. We both hum a response.

"No funny business while the family is at home, you hear?" I look up to Macy and grin.

Macy leans over to bring her lips to my ear and cups both hands around it. "You want to sneak off to the pantry in the middle of the night to bang?" We burst out laughing.